CHAPTER8

Delilah stood in front of her mirror brushing her teeth. Delilah had an appointment she needed to go to and she didn't want to be late. She took two of her pills before leaving her bathroom.

When Delilah got to her closet she put on a black skirt and a white turtle neck top. She then placed her white big winter coat on her with a pair of silver high heeled boots.

Delilah then made her way to her car making sure all her paper work was in the cubby before driving off.

Delilah sat there nervously this being the fist time she came to the doctor without her mom. She held her phone in her hand tightly before standing up and following her doctor once her name was called.

"Delilah Blue, I see that you came here two weeks ago." The doctor said reading from her clipboard.

"Yes to do some lab work." Delilah said nervously. The doctor walked over to her computer before entering the password and going to the lab results.

"So we looked at your lab results and it seems like your becoming more sick." The doctor paused before turning back to Delilah.

"What we are going to do is switch your medication out and we're going to do more lab work on you." Delilah sat there feeling like she was about to cry.

"Okay." Delilah said her voice cracking.

"Delilah have you been going to your therapist?" The doctor said looking back at the clipboard.

"Yes." Delilah lied. She didn't want to talk about how she felt about it.

"Okay, we'll I'll be right back so we can get started." The doctor said leaving the room.

Delilah sat there in silence looking at the floor. She refused to cry, she felt as if she really cried she'd have to accept the fact that she was going to die.

After Delilah's appointment she made her way to her mom's house.

"Delilah honey, what did the doctors say? Are you getting any better?" Her mom said getting up from the couch as Delilah walked through the door.

"They said it looks like I'm getting better." Delilah said with a fake smile, she didn't want her mom to worry knowing what happened when her father died from cancer.

"Thank god, I've been praying for this." Delilah's mom said getting up and hugging Delilah.

"It's going to be okay mom, I don't want you to worry." Delilah said hugging her mom back.

Delilah and her mom hanged out for the rest of the day. They watched movies and ate like the used to do before she found out that she had cancer.

Delilah kissed her mom bye as she got in her car. Everything seemed to be dark to Delilah as she drove back to her apartment.

When Delilah got home she took a shower before brushing her teeth and going into the kitchen for a snack. Her doctors told her that she needed to eat more healthy options and protein for her new treatment since it was getting worse.

As Delilah sliced up her some strawberries there was a knock at the door.

"What are you doing here love?" Delilah said with a fake smile. As much as she liked Axel she didn't want him here right now.

"I uhh...I just wanted to come see you, and apologize." Axel said not making eye contact.

Delilah moved aside so Axel could come in. When he entered he turned around to her standing awkwardly.

"I should have never-never did that to you. I guess I was just upset that you weren't talking to me...sorry." Axel said looking down at the floor.

"I'm pretty sure when you apologize your supposed to look that person in the eyes love." Delilah said taking a step closer to him.