Chapter14

Delilah sat in front of her mom and her new boyfriend, Kyle, with Axel by her side. Her mom shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"We've been dating for two months now, I wanted to wait to tell you when it was more serious." Delilah's mom said after minutes of silence.

"Kyle treats me well and I really like him Delilah." Delilah's mom said after seeing Delilah glaring at Kyle.

"Do you really like my mom or are you just using her for your special needs?" Delilah said placing her hand on her chin.

"No, I would never-"

"Kyle you don't have to answer that, listen Delilah we're dating and I really like him and I want you to respect that. You don't see me asking Axel if he's using you for his special needs."

"I know he's not using me for his special needs." Delilah said wrapping her arm around Axel's. Axel grabbed Delilah's face giving her a soft kiss on her lips.

"Look I called you over here to catch up, and to ask you two to come to dinner with us on Thursday." Delilah looked Kyle up and down as her mom said this.

It's not that Delilah didn't like Kyle, it's the fact that she felt like he was trying to take her fathers place. Kyle seemed like a nice man and  he seemed like he would treat her mom right, she just didn't want him coming in the picture.

"Why Thursday?" Delilah said taking a deep breath.

"Kyle has to work over time Friday, so Thursday just seemed like it would work out."

"Well love to come." Axel said squeezing Delilah's thigh. Delilah rolled her eyes as Kyle smiled at her, which made her mom glare at her.

Delilah sat in the passengers seat with her arms crossed looking out the window feeling like she was about to cry. Axel placed his hand on her thigh giving it a squeeze.

"Look at me beautiful." Delilah's heart started to race as he called her this. She slowly turned her head to him with her arms still crossed.

"You don't have to hate on Kyle, he's not trying to replace your dad." Axel said looking at the road.

"What if he is? Mom looks so happy with him, happier than she was with dad."

Delilah didn't want her mom forgetting about her dad, even though he died a couple years back and she barley remembered him, she didn't want to let go.

"Your mom is just happy she found someone after all these years angel, you should be happy for her." Delilah sighed looking down at her lap.

"Thank you for dropping me off." Delilah said unbuckling her seatbelt. The two sat in front of her apartment not saying anything.

"Your welcome...you know you could just stay at my apartment, I mean you are my girlfriend."  Axel said blushing.

"You know I can't do that love, besides if I was to be with you everyday I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of you." Delilah said grabbing her bag off the car floor.

Delilah applied some lip gloss to her plumped brown lips, seeing Axel watch her as she did this.

As Delilah ran her hands down her chest she saw Axel shift in his seat, gripping onto the steering wheel.

"Well Imma go love." Delilah pulled Axel in kissing him softly on the lips. When Delilah pulled away Axel's eyes were still closed and he was breathing hard.

As Delilah opened the car door Axel grabbed her arm softly reaching over to shut the door back.

"You can't go." Axel said moving back a little.