Thirteen |Perk|

Ella

"You are an adorable girl. It's a pleasure to have you here for an instant." Vincenzo's mother says as she admires me from the other side of the dining table.

"Thank you Mrs. Romano." I mutter with a slight smile.

"No need to be formal, Ella darling. Call me Cassandra." She beams and Vincenzo chuckles.

Cassandra has ordered us pancakes and the servants just bought us tea. Their mansion is breathtaking, there are multiple more servants than Vincenzo has in Vegas. I wish I could live this kind of luxurious life—at least once.

"So, what's your exact job?" Anneliese shots. She gawk at me with huge goldfish eyes.

I stare her wary behaviour and beam. I was about to talk but Vincenzo cuts me. "Like I said earlier, Ella is my assistant and she works for me." He sounds pissed with Anneliese.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes with a disgusting smirk. "Then you did you bring her, here?" Jerking back on her chair she folds her arms with a pouting face.

"We just returned from Las Vegas and I wanted to meet my family! Why am I telling you?" Vincenzo punches the table then stands up with storming strength.

Anneliese follows him and I am still sitting. I still don't know who is she. She is kind of irritating and clingy. I have a bite from the delicious pancake then take a sip of my tea.

"You work at Splendid Spade?" Vincenzo's mother asks me as she sips from her cup.

I nod nervously, "yeah, I started there then Vincenzo thought about bringing me here with him." I half smile.

"Where are you from?"

"New York..." I almost choked myself with the pancake. Why is she questioning me about myself? Where is Vincenzo?

I cough while holding my neck and my eyes are shut. Someone holds a glass near my lips, I hold the muscular hand and drink the water. With his scent I can say its Vincenzo, he leans near my ear, "I've got your back, darling." He whispers and a smile plays on my lips when I feel the sudden comfort with his presence. He is a life saviour—for sure.

"Mom, I'll come to meet you again, give dad my hello." Vincenzo says.

I stand up and Cassandra approaches near us. "Yeah sure, honey. By the way it was nice meeting you Ella, I intend of meeting you in another occasion." She gives me a quick hug.

I gleam a warm smile her way, "see you then." I wave a goodbye.

Vincenzo puts his hand around my waist and leads me to his car. He opens the passenger seat for me then he gets in the driver's seat. I adore his courtesy.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"To my place. I own a penthouse here, a secret place which nobody knows." He says as he drives.

I beckon my head. Then glance out the window. These streets are way too familiar to me. There used to be a time when I used to walk down the boulevard each day to get home—where my family were waiting for me.

I sigh as I make a vanquish sound.

"Are you okay?" He exchange glances with me. "You don't seem good."

"Just some bad memories." I murmur.

"You need a drink." He says.

"Vincenzo, I really don't want crowd. I want to stay alone."

"There won't be any other person except for us." He throws a promising look at me along with a smirk and I smile with a nod.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To my brother's restaurant. I have the key for his office."

"He wouldn't be there?" I ask him.

"Its Saturday, he doesn't stay at the restaurant today." He says as he looks in front of the road.

Reaching at the Restaurant I glance at the title, "Luscious." I mumble. "That hoodlum doesn't have a taste in titles, anyway I'm the one with the perks." He grins. "Come on." He gestures his hand forward and I begin to walk.

We used the back door, two broad bodyguards are standing by the door and they nod at Vincenzo. He leads me to his brother's office. As promised no one is here and I like the place its quite spacious and it doesn't give access with the restaurant—it's more like a lounge than an office.

"What do you want to drink?" He demands as he put the phone near his ear.

"Anything as long as its wine." I utter.

I look at him as he orders wine for us, why is he being nice to me, he bought me and he is a vicious man then why pretend to be good? Is he pretending or does he enjoy my company?

"What are you thinking?" He sit next to me in the leather couch. He sighs, "would you like to share your bad memories with me?"

"No." I shake my head.

"Did you refuse me?" He gazes me with tiny judgy eyes.

"I...I guess I did." I startle and my lips quiver. Did I make a blunder?

"I don't have the habit of taking 'no' as an answer, Ella." He smirks. "How should I punish you?" He questions and my eyes widen.

"Punish. Wh...what are you talking about?" My heart picks a vigorous beat when he lands his hand on my shoulder.

"Since you refused about confessing I'll have to punish you. I'm not a gentleman—I'm the worst bad boy of this city."

"I haven't told anyone about my past and maybe I'm not ready to utter anything." I say.

Under a blink Vincenzo drags me to his lap with my stomach on his thighs and this is an uncomfortable position. His huge palm searches my ass and he slaps it hard. I let out a loud gasp.

"This is the beginning, darling Ella." I can feel him smirking. "Are you ready to confess?"

His coarse voice makes me quiver around his grip.