Twenty Two [I am utterly alone]

ELLA

“Kenzo?” I whisper to myself.

What is he doing here?

Without wandering any other thing I stand up and advance close to him. He glances at me and all I can see is tears in his eyes. I spot Kairros leaning his head on the wall, they both look dejected. The fear on their faces makes me anxious.

“What happened, Kenzo?” my voice is barely out.

I gulp down nervously as I glance at him. He shakes his head and run a hand on his hair. “It’s Vincenzo.” He shuts his eyes then opens it again. “He got shot and is under a crucial condition.” He whispers.

My leg goes weak and I collapse into Kenzo, he holds me instantly. I begin to sob. “He asked about you before he lost his consciousness.” Kenzo says.

A glimpse of happiness run through me-he hasn’t turned his back on me. “Is he going to be fine?” I ask with quivering lips. Instead of replying me, he pulls me into a hug. I can’t lose him. He needs to be fine. I swear I will take good care after him if he recovered.

“He is strong enough to be back.” Kenzo whispers and I nod.

Burying my face on his chest I let all the tears flow away. I attempt to convince myself that he is going to be fine. I feel life slipping into another world as the entire hall goes silent I barely hear people talking. I can feel Kenzo’s hand resting on my head. I remain like this for about ten minutes until I hear Kenzo and Kairros talking, lifting my head I look around and I see the doctor. He is explaining something to the boys.

“Thank you.” Kairos says with a half smile.

“How is he?” I ask.

“The situation is not critical anymore.” Kairos says and a wave of relieve pass through me.

I sigh, “thank god.” I whisper and I pull away from Kenzo. “Sorry for soaking your shirt with my tears.” I sniff.

Kenzo grins, “No need to be sorry.”

“You love him, right?” Kenzo asks with stitches brow.

“I can’t say no.” I mutter.

“If you do love him, then I’ll suggest you to step back!

Don’t get yourself in trouble while loving him.” he sounds cold. “As a friend I’m warning you.” He beams nervously.

“Why I can’t love him?” I question him.

“Because he is bound in a marriage agreement with AnnelieseValkin and if he rejects the proposal then we will all be dead. Anneliese is the only daughter to her Russian father; the Bratva had already slaughtered my brother today. Don’t complicate things for him. It will be better if you walk away and don’t come back to him. If you want him to be alive, please leave.” Kairros says, he is the eldest sibling and with his words I can tell how protective he is for his brother.

I step back and let out a breath. “Tell him I hate him and loathe each and every single thing related to him. I won’t come through his path again. I want him to survive. If my departure will keep him safe then I’m ready to face the rest of my life without facing him.”

“Ella he wants you to be happy, live your dream if you really love Vincenzo because if I put Vince in your place, he would have chose adventure during these grievous circumstances.” Kenzo adds.

I nod with a beam.

I leave from the hospital and decide to wait for Roger and Liza outside. I let my tears flow from my eyes, I’m glad that Vincenzo is fine but I’m dejected with the fact that he will marry Anneliese. He doesn’t like her-for what I’ve seen he dislikes her. They stopped me from meeting Vincenzo, he owns me and I am sure he will come back to me one day.

“Why am I utterly alone?” Lifting my head I glance at the starry sky. I let the cool breeze embrace my face, the tears feel colder on my cheek and it dries soon as the air flows around me.

After Vincenzo I have nobody supporting my back. No families. No friends. No relatives. I am all by my own. Life is all about living by you. I’ve spent years under cells and it felt better than strolling alone in a city. This is called loneliness.

Fifty one days back I barely knew Vincenzo but the moment I found out that he was terribly harmed, I was overpowered. Where should I go? Maybe I should be visiting my family?

Father, who abondonated me. Sister, who never respected me. Step mother, who took away all my happiness.