Chapter 15: Wingman

Art: @0414obv on twitter 

"Agh- I must've spaced out for a second..." You muttered to yourself as you softly shook your head.

Sitting right in front of you were Jett and Neon, gossiping as they normally do. Unlike before when you would usually join in the conversation with ease, this time you felt less comfortable doing so. They might look familiar but they're total strangers to you so you just sat on the side while drinking your boba, unsure of what to say.

Jett must've noticed this. Seeing as to how she tried her best not to completely ignore you, sometimes asking for your opinion on certain things and making sure to involve you in the conversation. It was kind of her to do so...

It's not like Neon made no effort at all at helping Jett let you engage more while conversing–she was just wayy more awkward about it. It looked somehow forced- but you appreciated the gesture anyway. These two were your closest friends from back home.. It would be nice if they were the same here too..

"So uh- Y/n, do you have any social media accounts?" asked Neon. She was fiddling with her phone when she remembered that she hasn't added you on any platforms yet.

You recalled having a Minsta account back then, normally you'd post about simple day-to-day things like having a coffee break, or videos of you and Joon-Hee hanging out. It didn't receive that much attention but you used it to store your fun and happy memories so you didn't mind whether or not people liked it. Funny enough though, Sabine was your most consistent liker.

"Come to think of it... I don't think so..?" You replied. The internet from your world probably wouldn't be able to reach this one. That would make all of your past accounts to be completely inaccessible..

You look back at Neon. Her face of unexplainable shock made you sort of embarrassed, knowing how absolutely addicted she was to anything that involves the internet- You'd probably cry at how high her screen time number is.

"There's no way- Did you live under a rock or something?!?!" She said in complete and utter surprise, right before snatching the phone the protocol gave you. 

"I'm with Neon here- You're hiding your accounts from us aren't you!!" Jett exclaimed as the both of them scrolled through your phone only to end up with the look of total defeat on their face as they realized how empty it was. 

You chuckled softly as you take your phone back from their grasp. "See?"

It wasn't like you needed one anyways.. You weren't here to collect memories, you were here to complete your mission.

The both of them looked at each other with a sinister look on their face as they soon nod in agreement. Crap they're planning something aren't they..?

But before they could do anything else, a familiar face showed up all of a sudden. Said familiar face placed his arm on the table, annoyingly blocking your view of the two as he faced you with full confidence.

"Why are you here Nezumi" Yoru said plainly, letting the nickname roll off his tongue, all while ignoring the other two ladies seated in front of you.

Ah great... Not only does he have a rotten personality, his manners are seemingly non-existent too.. :)

Phoenix chuckled awkwardly as he nudged his friend with his elbow. "Good evening ladies" He remarked, as he shot everyone a slightly worried smile. His gut was telling him that this wasn't going to go well...

– Flashback to a few minutes ago –

"Listen, man... If you want to impress her-" Phoenix said as he clung an arm on Yoru's shoulder only to be interrupted.

"Who said I wanted to impress her?!" Yoru responded defensively as his cheeks flushed, his entire body jolting in embarrassment. Imagine a rabid cat hissing–Now imagine that cat with a blue, spiked shirt and excessively long hair pulled back with a thick gel. That's Yoru.

Phoenix just looked at him with a blank expression on his face, as if he wanted to say 'Bitch stfu we both know you do.' but isn't brave enough to actually say it out loud.

"Anyways- You need to listen to me very closely. Women like it when men pay close attention to the little things. Compliment her, ask her what's up. Be smooth with it" He said as Yoru listened intently.

To his own surprise, he was fairly interested in what his best friend had to say. It sort of annoyed him how Phoenix immediately assumed that he liked Y/n after he described his situation with him though.

Which is of course not the case- It couldn't possibly be...

"Some girls like being called cute, pretty, beautiful. Some like getting called sweet nicknames. But what all women love is someone loyal. Women love being treated like they're special so if you talk to another woman like you talk to her, she probably won't appreciate that. The best compliment is treating her like a Queen. Actions are far more valuable than words my friend, it doesn't matter what you say, in the end, it's what you do that actually matters." He explained as the both of them come closer to your table.

"Remember to be yourself, I gotchu" Phoenix whispered as he let go of his friend's shoulder, pushing him off to your group.

– End of flashback –

"Who's asking?" You said as you crossed your arms. Ugh what does this mf want now...

"Me? God you may be pretty but you're sure dumb as fuck." He muttered before Phoenix quickly coughed out loud, almost spitting his drink out as Jett hurries over to his aid.

He shot Yoru a look silently asking him 'What the hell was that?!?' in panic. Of which he didn't notice of course since his eyes were purely fixated on you.

"Excuse me..?" You asked, unsure whether he really just called you dumb or not. "What did you just say to me?" You stood up, getting closer to his face, raising your eyebrows as you tried to be a little bit more intimidating.

Yoru's eyes widened. The close proximity and the way you leaned in reminded him of how your lips... He stumbled backward, confuzzled. Shaking the bothersome thought off of his head.

"I'm.. We have training later...So don't forget..." He mumbled as he held his arm to hide his flushed cheeks while looking away from you.

'Huh.. What... why does he look like that..' You thought to yourself, completely oblivious of the position you put him in.

You heard Jett giggle as Neon took a snap of the moment. The flash of her phone ultimately sets you back into the reality of the situation. You immediately retreat, sitting back down in your seat as you tried to figure out why your heart skipped a beat just now.

"H-hey! Delete that right now!!" You yelled at Neon who was dying of laughter, seemingly enjoying this moment.

Author's note: I've made a difference with the schedules of which I'll be posting... I've decided to post at least once a week unless I want to add some more because I'm also in the process of writing for the one-shot book, I hope you guys understand ^^

Anywhoooo~~ I just wanted to say THANK YOUUU and I'm sorry- I know that the past few chapters weren't that good and full of angst so I wanted to lighten up the mood a little :'DD but I'm thankful you guys are still here!! I think I'm in a better state to write now so expect improvement <3