Chapter 22: Confusion

Art: @RedBean2268 on twitter

The both of you entered the ship together. Both late and still very much ragged looking—considering the time given for the both of you to rest, it did raise some suspicion amongst the three other agents present for the mission.

Chamber looked over the steaming Skye, visibly upset at how close the two of you were. Her eyes lingering at how your fingers almost magnetically spark near each other. It was so... Ugh!! Revolting!!

"Ah.. It seems there may be something brewing in this cauldron.." He mumbled, smirking mischievously.

Skye ignored you, instead waving her hands toward Yoru. "Hey mate! I saved a seat for ya!" She exclaimed, tapping on a singular seat at the very corner of the ship.

Yoru looked over at her and slightly smiled awkwardly, looking over at you as if to ask for some sort of permission. He kinda hoped you'd ask him to sit with you instead but... you simply ignored him, sitting next to Viper, who was currently on her computer.

It wasn't like you were trying to do that on purpose- It's just that... you didn't want anyone else to know that something happened between the two of you.. That would cause MUCH more of a commotion really.

Yoru once again sparked a disappointed look, going over to Skye and sitting down right next to her. "Hey flower girl"

————————————————————————-

The trip went by pretty smoothly after that. Killjoy and Cypher somehow managed to copy the same technology that brought the enemy from Omega Earth to this world. You were far too busy trying to quickly write down Viper's note when she wasn't noticing that you failed to realize your surroundings.

For one, Yoru somehow feel asleep, nuzzling his head on Skye's shoulders. Chamber was quite amused really- He figured that there was something between you and Yoru the moment he felt those slanted eyes pierce through his skin. But what is this..? It seems his Australian companion was also enamored with the Japanese boy?

"Interesting..." He mumbled all while observing the three. It seems you were not far too bothered though... What a weird combination of lovers.

He crossed his legs, placing his chin on the palm of his hands, simply enjoying the show. Wondering how it'll turn out and which girl shall succeed in the end.

The ship suddenly came to a stop. Shaking and rumbling as it made it's landing.

"Attention all Agents. It's time for us to land. You'll be there for a maximum of 48 hours, don't forget any of your things and remember; Try not to die too soon." Brimstone hologram appeared in front of a screen attached to the back of the seats.

Skye smiled over her shoulder, moving a strand of Yoru's hair away from his face. All she needed was to be close to him... It didn't have to matter whether or not he likes another girl.. As long as he was with her—She was fine.

Yoru woke up, slowly batting his eyes awake as he looked over at the hand placed on his cheek. "Y..N?" He whispered under his breath, still a little confused.

Skye pretended not to notice as she retreated her hands away from him. "Oh.. You're uh.. awake." She mumbled as her shoulders inevitably tense up.

"Ah Skye... Sorry.. I must've fallen asleep" He said before stretching his arms up, noticing that the ship was somehow underwater.

Skye went silent. 'It's fine.. It's totally fine'

A few minutes later the white light on the seatbelt sign finally went off, indicating that the you should probably all start packing your things.