Chapter 25: Traitors

"Taksil!!" Neon screamed as she pointed toward Jett. "Dude! Why'd you leave me to die??" She said as she stared at her phone, engulfed in the game the two of them were currently playing. "You're an Angela with a tank build, you could've saved meeee" She whined, leaning in closer to Jett's shoulder, watching her screen while waiting to be revived back into the game. 

The two of them were currently playing Mobile Legends bang bang, with Jett wanting to learn how to play since she'd always seen Neon stick her nose in her phone for several hours. "Okay okay! I'm sorry-" She apologized. The two of them were currently on duty but that doesn't matter as much since they were only on the watch. 

Suddenly a hologram of Viper appears on the screen in front of them. Her eyebrows tilted upwards as she crossed her arms. "What do you two think you're doing?" She muttered, her voice, stern as the two agents slowly turn their heads up towards her, their eyes wide open at the realization that they'd been caught playing during work. 

Defeat

"Is that-" Viper said before sighing in disappointment, massaging her eyebrows and controlling her breathing. "Get off your phone and inform Headquarters that we'll be landing in exactly 10 minutes." 

"Y-Yes ma'am!" Both Jett and Neon immediately got back to work, afraid of Viper's glare. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/n... Y/n?" Yoru whispered, softly nudging his shoulder. The shoulder you fell asleep on. You were so tired from fighting and since Skye refused to do anything about it, saying you'll be "Just fine", Yoru had to carry you to the plane, Bridal style. Instant karma ha! "Tsk... Fine..." He mumbled, turning his head away from you. He got a bit flustered when you leaned in, shuffling your cheek on his shoulder as he looked at you with a blank stare as his ears turned red, his face heating up. 

You looked so peaceful.. It reminded him of when the two of you were lying in your bed. You fell asleep first since you didn't really have that much stamina for that sort of thing anyways. Hugging Yoru's waist unconsciously, he was a bit stunned, looking at you the same way he is now. 

"Ki...ni" You mumbled in your sleep, your face twisting into a sorrowful expression as your finger lifted itself as if you were reaching out for something. Someone.

Yoru stared, confused. Unsure of what you were muttering under your breath. 

"don't go Kini..." You mumbled as tears dropped down your face. Yoru placed his hand on your cheek, wiping your tears away. He was about to wake you up when you continued to mutter "I love you please... Don't go.." You said, your voice shaky as your lips barely moved. 

His hand immediately stopped. Who the fuck is Kini? 

Just as he did, Your eyes immediately flick wide open, your body jumping a bit as you felt your heart racing, your vision a bit blurry. "Wha..." You mumbled, rubbing your eyes for a second as you straighten your back. "What happened... Did we win..?" You asked, your hand scrunching up on Yoru's arm, not noticing his silent glare. 

"Yeah. We did." His sentences were short and precise. You felt as if he was mad at you about something... You just couldn't point your finger at what it was. You knew something was up but.. You didn't want to ask in case you were maybe just worrying about nothing.

"oh..." You said, yawning as stretched your arms forward. You looked over to Yoru, he was constantly clenching his teeth... You wondered what was up with him. Is he mad you fell asleep on his shoulder or something? "Sorry." You mentioned, hoping that was what the problem was. 

"For what." He asked, not looking at you. It was starting to irritate you. The way his answers were short, his constant negative energy. 

"Sorry I fell asleep on your shoulder..." You mumbled, your hand reaching out to him as he turned away, scoffing. 

"okay." He said, his voice stern but with a silent chuckle as if he was mocking you for being so clueless. God why.. If he'd just told you what was wrong, maybe by now you could've already made him feel better. But no. Instead he chose to act like the little bitch he is. If that's how he wants to act, then fine. So be it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past few hours since the confirmed victory, HQ definitely brightened up quite a bit. Everyone had on a celebratory hat, and Sage designed a Cake in the kitchen. They were all extremely excited that your party managed to give the enemy a taste of their own medicine. Brimstone was extremely satisfied with everyone's performance actually- even though you were subtly trying to sabotage your team, you still managed to get a few kills, some were maybe even accidental-

You step out of the ship. Yoru still looked visibly upset at you. You even tried touching his hand but to no avail. You couldn't stop but wonder what kept bothering him at this point so you just straight up asked. "What's wrong?" 

He turned to you, scowling while crossing his arms. "Why don't you ask Kini?" He mumbled with a slight eye-roll before leaving your side altogether. 

"Wha... Who's Kini?" You muttered under your breath as you took a breath. Stress should not overcome you, breathe. Breathhhhee. 

"Mademoiselle, Do you need any help with that?" Chamber strode right next to you, pointing to your bags. "They seem a bit heavy. I don't think a pretty lady, such as yourself should be allowed to carry these all by yourself.." He said before taking your bags off of you. "Much better right?" He smiled. 

"Ah.. Thank you Chamber." You mumbled. Thank God there's at least one gentleman on this ship. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoru slammed his door shut. "Kini?" He scoffed, throwing his bag to the side of the room. The fact that you muttered the words 'I love you' After saying that name just purely irritated him. He felt as if he.. he wanted to break something. You haven't said those words to him, who's Kini to receive such... such.. UGH! 

He banged his hand against the desk in frustration, with a few thumb tacks falling down the wall. "Tsk..." He muttered, before picking up a picture of Jett from his wall. He pasted it back, revealing a trail of pictures, not just yours. no. It was pictures of just about everyone. Viper, Brimstone, Reyna. 

Why? The answer is simple. There's a traitor among us and it seems he's the only one who noticed. Someone out there is sabotaging plans and stealing information and he might just have an idea of who it was. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think we should teach Y/n how to play ML too?" Jett whispered to Neon. It was a whole obsession now, the two of them were too deep into the game, they constantly just can't stop thinking about it. They were still technically at work but after Viper's sudden call, they told themselves to take a break from playing.

"Actually-" Neon was about to respond when suddenly they both felt a hand on their shoulder. 

"Ahem." Viper coughed as the two turned their head slowly. "We'll talk about this later."

Fuck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: HEY GUYSSS I MISSED YA'LL SO MUCH!!! Guess Season two's finally here :DDD

Honestly, this chapter was a bit rough to write since I haven't written much during my vacation T^T But anyways!! I hope you guys enjoy and I'm looking forward to finishing season two with a bang!

Btw- I did rewrite the whole of season one (esp the smut chapter <3) So you can go refresh your memory if you want, There will be a few changes, some big, some small, just so it doesn't feel repetitive when you reread <3 

Who do you think Kini is?