Chapter 34: The End

Art: Suke on Artstation

"Y/n.." Jett muttered back as she closed her hands to a fist, leaning on the floor as her eyes seemed to blink slowly, looking up at you with a certain sadness in her eyes. Don't get me wrong. She still had that fiery gaze in her eyes--but this time she looked as if she was begging. Begging for someone to embrace her and tell her it was going to be okay. 

"Jett... What are you..." You mumbled, holding a hand out before gasping in realization. "The portal." Your head turned to your surroundings. 

Random portals had been appearing just about everywhere. Big and small, it ranged in size and power--but that wasn't the least bit of your worries. The real problem came from what came out of them. Food, random items, people. 

What did Yoru do...?

"What's happening?!" Viper screamed, terrified of what was happening around her. She looked toward you and Jett while avoiding random items being thrown at her. How could this happen?! "Something must be wrong with the portal-" As soon as she muttered those words, she noticed a certain blue crystal crack on Jett's neck. "Y/n get away her!" She screamed, pulling you closer to her. 

She could recognize it everywhere. That same blue cracked crystal on a certain boy's arm. A dying radiant. Not only was it dangerous to be in close proximity to them, but it was also dangerous enough that if Sage were to revive them, she'd be losing a piece of herself, slowly getting weaker to the point of her own death. 

*flashback* 

Viper adjusts her glasses, files placed over her chest as she gripped them tightly. It was her fault. The reason why Brimstone was in there fighting with the Kiritanis... If only she asked to place more security in the lab... If only she'd been more careful... If only she hadn't shot a child. 

She winced at the thoughts going through her mind as her gaze held still on the ground. She gulped as the door opened, a sobbing lady Kiritani followed by a stern authoritative figure behind her, placing a hand over her shoulders. Viper locked eyes with him, bloodshot eyes which sent shivers down her spine. He seemed like he was angry. He looked calm but by his demeanor alone, he looked as if he could break every single person's neck in the room for the sole reason that his wife has been crying non-stop ever since the Incident. 

A low growl came from his throat as his jaw tightened before putting his attention back to his wife. Don't be fooled. As elegant and calm Ryu Kiritani was, there was always a hidden darkness underneath. A certain void in his eyes told Viper that if his wife shed anymore tears, he might just burn her and her whole research to the ground. The only restraint, chains that tied him down to his civilized manner was his wife's kindness. His wife. Lady Kagami Kiritani.

"Sabine." Brimstone's voice ran over her ears as she immediately looked away from the Kiritanis. She shook her head and headed for the office. She sighed, walking inside. Immediately apologizing. 

"Liam- I'm sorry... I.. I really didn't know- We had no idea how he managed to-" She rambled on before quickly getting cut off by Brimstone. 

"Agent Viper. Calm yourself... It's not your fault." He said, clearing his throat right after. 

How could he say that it wasn't her fault? Of course it was. It was her responsibility. She held the gun. Her trail of dead bodies. Men. Women. Children... It was all her fault. And she'd wallow in those thoughts for the rest of her life. 

"The Kiritanis... Have agreed to support your research. Although, we can no longer be taking in children. After what happened to the Ryo, Kagami found out about what.. or who we've been testing on. It's safe to say she was distraught.. if not, disturbed by the revelation. I'm sorry Sabine but.. I hope you can be satisfied with what we've decided." He stood up to open a window before lighting a cigar. "The boy. No one shall know you killed the wrong one, understood?" He added before coughing a few puffs of air. 

"Understood."  

*End of flashback*

"Sabby-" You mentioned, gasping as she pulled you away from Jett. 

"What did you call me..?" She muttered, looking at you in confusion, You've never called her that before. Only then did she notice the blue crack slowly forming behind your ears. "No..." She slowly shook her head, backing away from you, her eyes tearing up. "Y/n..." She looked at you as her eyebrows scrunched upwards. She glanced down to her chest. A feeling she hadn't felt in a while. Her heart sunk.. slowly but deep enough to make her want to cry. "but why..?" she mumbled under her breath. It's not as if she'd know you for a long time.. Why... How could you...

"Y/n..." Jett burst in tears. She could no longer hold it in... Not when she saw so many of her companions crack in front of her just seconds ago. "The world... It's dying.. It-It's dead... They're.. They're dead Y/n... Tala, Jamie, Sabine, Zyanza..." Her eyes begged for you to embrace her. Her body slowly turning light blue. 

"Sun-woo... I'm sorry.." You rushed over to hug her as she placed her head on your shoulder, bawling her eyes out as she cried out loud. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry..." You mumbled, with each word making your voice break. "I adore you... Please.. Don't.. cry" You held your tears, not letting yourself cry. Not even as You felt a large piece of your legs dissolving. You placed a hand over Jett's head as she cried hugging you. The both of you cried and wallowed in your tears before you turned to Viper. "Tell Ryo I love him.." Your voice echoed, dissolving into nothing before Viper dropped her knees to the floor. 

--------------------------------------------

Yoru stumbled back a few steps before falling to the ground. It can't be... Those dreams... They were real...

He couldn't possibly believe it- No. He shook his head before walking towards the large Vial containing his younger self, inspecting every little detail. It made sense now... The flashbacks... the familiarity he felt with you... The weird fact that he never once saw an enemy that looked like him. He was Kini... Ryo Kiritani from Mirror Earth... He scoffed at the thought wondering if anyone else knew... Did his parents know?

He knew ever since he saw a glance of you that you were something special... Your laugh reminded him so much of the girl who used to cry herself to sleep calling out for him, he was willing to overlook the fact that could've possibly been the death of him. He was always smitten with you.. and now he knows why. 'Where's Kini?' He's here. He's been here, on the other side of the portal, waiting to remember how your hand felt like, how your eyes would crinkle when you smiled.. 

He glanced down towards a small blue crack forming on his fingers then to the large cracks covering his counterpart's body. He was silent. Not because he had nothing to say but... somehow he knew... unsure, but he knew... this was the end. He knew the feeling of death. He was familiar with it. How many times has he touched the door of death? Uncountable. Right now... This very moment. It was all he could feel. The feeling of death surrounding every inch of his body, His chest, his neck, slowly cracking and dissolving... 

He looked directly at the cctv camera. Hoping.. just a sliver of hope that you were watching. "I love you Y/n... I always have. Then, now, and forever..." He muttered as tears fell down his cheeks. He quickly wiped it away, sighing as he could feel it coming... "You hear me..? I love you... I love you.. I always have... You found me... Kini's here.. I'm right he-" He rambled on as his body was fully consumed in blue crystals, up till his eyes themselves were blue. 

The screen light flickers slowly in your room as the headpiece lay still on the ground, your room empty, silent. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Author note: I know you guys must hate me right now- but- I had to T^T 

There are honestly so many easter eggs in this fanfic, Idek which is from me and which is from the official valorant lore anymore- T^T Also the names are apparently different from what I last researched- Istg Grant aka Phoenix is Jamie now- Which honestly fits hims so much more ngl- Also- Delilah aka Viper is now Sabine Callas- I kinda liked her name before though :<