Chapter 29: The Switch

@Lilmyukion Twitter 

The past couple of days have been quite stressful for everyone in Headquarters lately. There's weirdly been a rising number of attacks ever since the mission on Pearl happened... Gosh! It's all your fault too... If you weren't so distracted with your burning love life- maybe you could've prevented what happened...

You decided to take a walk around the corridors to distract yourself.. Every time you remember how you would have avoided that loss in Pearl.. It's just- It makes you want to stuff your face inside a pillow and just scream whilst dying of embarrassment. A mixture of worry and guilt has been consuming you as of late..

Suddenly, you felt a dash of air fly over your face as you walked closer to the lobby. Jeez.. Is the AC here stronger or something?? It feels like you just walked into an indoor hurricane– what is going on..

"Y/n!!" Jett waved her hands up, smiling as she dashed right next to you. Her gleeful aura immediately smacking your face.

"Oh- Jett!! What's up?" You asked, surprised to see her in such an excited mood. She's always been pretty stoked about everything but you could sense something special happened just by the way both corners of her mouth rose up unconsciously.

"Phoenix! He- He finally asked me out!!" Jett screamed, almost attacking your ears as your head jolted away from her before coming back when you finally understood what she said. Your eyebrows immediately pop up, stopping your movements. You can't believe it- Those two finally FINALLY got together!

"WHAT?!" You yell out loud afterwards covering your mouth, your eyes wide in shock, not able to contain the happiness you had for your friend. It was time for Phoenix to finally build up that courage... You knew these two would eventually date... You just didn't know when. You wonder if.. The same thing happened back home?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoru rolls from one side to another, wrapped around under his blanket, his arm searching for you. When he opened his eyes though, you were no longer in sight.. He slowly got up, his eyes still fairly sleepy as they searched around his room for a sight of you... but you were nowhere to be seen.

He rubbed his eyes, yawning as he mumbled your name under his breath. "Y/n..?"

"Meow.."

His face immediately turned to the side. Confused but soon remembering how he had a cat. "Ah.. Casper..."

You've rarely stayed in your room these days.. You've just been hanging around Yoru's since well... It just felt more comfortable. As soon as you lay right next to him, it's like... All your troubles go away and you sleep so easily.. Good thing he isn't a snorer too..

Yoru figured that you must've left to go somewhere since well... he looked around for any of your clothes on the ground and it seemed there were no longer any traces of you in sight.. Your perfume still lurked around the air of his room though... The one you always wear..

He's been having a really bad headache lately.. Ever since you mentioned that stupid name... "Kini" He's been having a migraine.. It's like his head wanted to crack open or something.. He wasn't sure why though.. Was it jealousy? How jealous could a person be to literally get a headache??? At least it meant spending more time with you... He decided to call in sick for the past few days.. It's just... He couldn't really function as much during missions... It's that bad..

He winced as his fingers immediately pressed against his forehead.

*Flashback*

"Kini... Please don't go..." Y/n cried, reaching her arm out as she was pulled away by.. Grant..? "I....." He couldn't hear the rest of what she said but he knew he couldn't just stand there and do nothing while she cried.. His first friend..