v. clay pigeons

narrator
-

cheers erupted when cedric stepped foot into the hufflepuff common room especially from a certain best friend of his.

"give it up for cedric everyone!" shouted blake, walking up to her best friend.

"thank you, everyone for the support!" cedric shouted throughout the room proudly. "now let's celebrate!" someone yelled from the crowd which was around the hufflepuff champion.

everyone celebrated until merlin knows when what time.

the next morning, blake woke up next to cedric in the hufflepuff common room, she was confused at first but then she realised what had happened yesterday.

she didn't drink any alcohol because she wasn't hangover at all but didn't seem to remember anything from last night. cedric, however, was drinking like there was no tomorrow.

blake heard a groan beside her and she saw cedric sitting up slowly with his hand on his head.

"what time is it?" he asked.

blake checked the grandfather clock in the common room, "seven forty-five a.m,"

"oh shit! i'm late to something i have to do." cedric cussed, rushing to his dorm.

"who does something this early in the morning?" blake mumbled to herself.

fifteen minutes later, cedric comes rushing down the stairs to see blake on the sofa in the common stroking timothèe on the beek, "bye!" without waiting for a reply, he practically sprinted out of the room.

blake went back to her dorm with timothèe on her shoulder after cedric running out of the hufflepuff common room like a crazy person and got ready and went to the great hall for breakfast.

-

blake saw harry and hermione in the courtyard so she start to walk towards them when she reached them.

she put a hand on harry's shoulder, "hey harold!"

"don't call me that."

"what? did i strike a nerve?" blake asked curiously, lifting an eyebrow, surprised by the annoyance in his voice.

"no, you didn't. i'm sorry, it's just ron won't talk to me nor look at me and it's getting really frustrating and irritating," harry explained with a sigh.

"i would be to if i was always in my friend's shadow plus ron has also been in his siblings' shadows as well, you can't really blame him," blake spoke sincerely.

"see, that's what i've been saying, he's just too stubborn to notice!" hermione exclaimed.

"granger's right, harry." blake finished, giving a high-five to hermione who gladly accepted it.

harry just nodded his head continued walking with the two behind him.

"blake! wait up!" cedric called out, running towards the girl.

"oh, hey ced." blake greeted, turning around to face him.

"i'll um catch you guys later then?" she asked hermione and harry.

"yeah, see you." harry awkwardly spoke, walking away with hermione by his side.

"okay.. back to what you were saying then?" blake asked.

"oh, yeah um i just wanted to see if you wanted to help me figure out what the first task is?" the diggory boy asked.

"cedric, i would love to but you heard dumbledore no one can help you with any of the tasks plus uncle moony said i couldn't as well." blake apologized, looking at the boy sadly.

"please just this one time, i swear i will do anything in return." cedric pleaded.

there was a silence. "you are so lucky you're my best friend ced or this wouldn't be turning out the way you planned." blake groaned.

cedric did a little happy dance and beamed at blake. "thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"yeah, yeah but-" cedric's face immediately dropped. "-i also have to help harry so we will have to do it together."

cedric sighed deeply but nodded reluctantly. blake grabbed his hand and started walking to her first period.

"by the way, i wanted to ask you, what did you do last week that i couldn't see you for our usual walk to your classes?" cedric asked, curious to why she wasn't seeing him much in that week.

"i asked hermione to help me with potions since i suck at it and in return, she made me walk her to every one of  her classes for a week,"

cedric chuckled, "the blake i know wouldn't do that for anyone not even her own best friend."

she punched his arm, "i hate you."

"i love you too, blakey." she glared at him while he ran away.

she shook her head before following behind him, running as fast as she could to catch up, "cedric amos diggory!"

at the mention of his full name, he ran even quicker, blake following close behind.

"mr diggory and ms black, i may not know why you are running in the halls, but i do know that you both are having detention," professor snape interrupted their chase.

"what? but sir, we were just running around," cedric tried but professor snape had already having turned around, not wanting to deal with the two.

blake groaned. "what now?"

-

cedric and blake walked to the potions classroom together. "i don't get why we have to do detention," cedric groaned.

blake rolled her eyes before they both entered. snape was inside, talking to draco. "ah, mr diggory and ms black, come in. i have so much in stored for you two,"

draco abruptly left the room.

snape told the pair of best friends to clean the very dusty shelves filled with potions laying on top. "good luck," they were handed rags before snape left the room.

blake almost laughed in his face. "i want him to rot in his own blood until he dies,"

cedric giggled at her expression before starting to wipe the guck snape is making them clear. "this is revolting," he gagged.

the duo finished just in time for dinner. they dragged their feet to hufflepuff table, ernie wheezed. "what in merlin's name happened to you two?"

everyone around them laughed at their dusty faces, sweat dripping down their forehead. "you look like you finished a trial from the ministry." hannah laughed.

across the room, hermione giggled at blake's tired face. "what are you on about?" ron asked, the girl pointed in blake's direction.

ron turned around before nudging harry's attention. "what?" he chuckled when he saw it.

someone behind the table of theirs also chuckled.

author speaks

sorry for the short chapter

[ 1049 ]

edited:

MINE?  →  HERMIONE GRANGER.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara