xxxv. complicated

you reminded me of the sun while i was the moon, never meant to bond. we made it work nonetheless.

- blake

-
narrator
-

normally, people would go for the easy decision, no risks. blake made sure if she were the one to do so, she would go for the complicated, risky decision. it always would work.

it was difficult to manage most times, she made sure it wouldn't be as difficult.

today was the first quidditch match against slytherin. blake was panicking because it was her first match since her third year.

she was still nervous about the way she planned her formalities and team. she had no doubts in her team's strength at all.

it was all so overwhelming for her, ginny and luna were in her dorm in support.

"it's alright, everything will go smoothly. i promise," the youngest weasley patted her shoulder lightly.

blake was pacing back and forth in her dorm, wondering if they'd win or lose. there was knock on her door but she paid no mind to it so luna decided to go get it instead.

she opened the door to be faced with harry. "how's she doing? still nervous or panicky?

luna only nodded, resuming her read on mystical creatures on blake's desk while humming a calming tune.

harry put his hands on both her shoulders, ginny beside him. "you are brilliant at quidditch. if cedric were here, he would've said the same thing."

blake looked him in the eyes and firmly nodded. "let's do this."

-

"i can't do this." blake took a good look around the stadium, students dressed in their house colours and cheering getting louder every second.

ginny chuckled softly. "it's going to be alright, just think of something that you think makes you calm. use it as your muse,"

"get hermione, please?"

harry made it his job to get his best friend for her. he reached the seats, went to find hermione within them.

"hermione!"

"harry? what are you doing here? where's blake?"

"she asked me to find you for some reason," he exclaimed.

she followed him to see blake. when she saw the girl, she pulled her into an embrace. "you alright?"

"yes, just a little jumpy." blake smiled nervously.

they pulled away, the others went to their seats, letting them have their time. "everything going to be fine, you're going to kick those snakes into the pit where they belong, okay?"

"okay,"

"good."

hermione kissed his forehead. "for good luck." then she left, leaving with blake standing there, frozen.