vi. running into trouble

narrator
-

dumbledore wanted blake to be at the event where rita skeeter would be interviewing the four champions; fleur, cedric, harry and krum. she was dreading it already.

she never wanted to be there, she slowly walked down the stairs. "why the hell does he want me to be there? i'm not even a champion!" she mumbled.

"although that may be true, you have the common thing everyone has in that room, honesty." professor dumbledore spoke from behind her.

she walked in and saw cedric and harry already there but no fleur nor krum. rita skeeter and the accompanying photographer came to see the new person who came in.

"who are you?" the skeeter woman asked, fixing her god-awful glasses.

"blake black, ms. skeeter." blake offered her hand in to shake and the woman shook it rather painfully with the pressure as if she was killing her.

blake let go and went to cedric and harry. "can you believe this woman? can't believe she's your interviewer," she whisper-yelled.

the boys nodded, getting her meaning. "me too," cedric mumbled.

a few moments later, both fleur and krum had arrived. "alright! now that all four of you are here, let's get to your positions, shall we?"

the three boys huddled around fleur who was sitting down apparently. fleur flashed blake a smile before smiling towards the camera.

a big flash came from the camera as smoke came out of it. "what a charismatic quarter," rita exclaimed. blake just rolled her eyes in question.

"hello, i'm rita skeeter. i write for the daily prophet but of course, you know that, don't you?" blake shook her head in amusement at fleur and krum's confusion towards this woman.

"it's you, we don't know. you're the juicy news,"

"what quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?" she smoothed fleur's cheek before lightly slapping it.

ruffling cedric's hair, "what mysteries muscles mask does courage lie beneath those curls? insured, what makes a champion tick?" putting her arms around cedric and harry.

"myself and i want to know, not to mention my rabid readers, so who's feeling up to sharing?" she asked the four.

"we should start with the youngest," she stated, dragging harry with her.

dumbledore gesturing his head to follow them. blake nodded, confused.

she looked at cedric with confused eyes, he gave her a look which said "just do it!", she sighed as no one wanted to stop her.

she decided to go in front of the door, putting her ear against it. "it's a broom cupboard," she heard harry.

"well, then, you should feel right at home then," blake scoffed, hearing the skeeter woman's words.

she couldn't hear her next words. "oh no," harry spoke, seeming sitting down.

"so tell me harry, a mere boy of twelve-,"

"i'm fourteen," blake chuckled.

"-about to compete against three students. not only vastly, more emotionally mature than yourself, to have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams, concerned?" she asked, placing her hand under her chin.

"i don't know, i haven't really-" he looked at what the quill was writing.

"oh, ignore the quill."

"well, you're no ordinary boy of twelve, are you?"

"fourteen,"

"story's legend. do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?" blake rolled her eyes, annoyed by the woman

"no, i didn't enter,"

she gasped accusingly. "of course, you didn't." she raised her eyebrow then winked.

"everyone loves a rebel, harry," she chuckled.

"scratch that last," the pen made a scratching noise.

"speaking of your parents, were they alive, i think they'd feel proud or concerned," her voice changed tone. "that your attitude show the best pathological need for attention, worst of psychotic death wish,"

"hey! my eyes aren't glistening with the ghosts of my past!" harry defended his green eyes.

"shame," she pulled harry up from his seat. blake heard footsteps coming from inside so she ran away quickly.

-

"blake!" she turned around from her book.

"hey, nev and harold. what can i do for you in this fine saturday?"

neville smiled at her nickname for him. "wanna join us at the black lake? not pun intended by the way," neville asked, looking at the floor as if it were the most interesting thing he's ever seen.

she smiled, "sure, nev," putting her arms around the both of them as harry groaned.

"take your arm of me," harry whined for the hundred time.

"nope," she smiled cheeky at him which just made him whine and groan even more.

neville just smiled at their interaction, "you guys are close, huh?"

"yeah, why?"

"it's just that some might think different like malfoy over there," he nodded to draco, leaning against a tree trunk, glaring at them.

"what about draco? i don't care what he thinks anyway, it's not like we're dating," harry grumbled, glaring back at said malfoy.

"i know that it's just weird,"

"what do you mean, weird? i'm friends with harry like how i'm friends with cedric, it's friendship, is that not what they do nowadays?"

"i guess so," neville shrugged.

blake ruffled harry's hair. "is it me or did anyone not cut their hair 'cept me?"

"everyone's just lazy and you're not," harry stated.

"yeah, me and hermione for sure." she smiled sheepishly.

"what's your deal with hermione anyway? you always smile when you mention her or when anyone starts talking about her, you quite often smile,"

"i do that? didn't know, i thought it was normal to smile subconsciously when your friend is in the conversation,"

neville chuckled at the girl. "yeah, sometimes."

author speaks

i'm on a roll with new chapters (most times)

edit

no, you're not

[ 953 ]

edited: ✘