xlii. problem solved

once, i was dumb. i am even dumber for leaving you and now, i realise i am far too into the void of my past.

- blake

-
narrator
-

blake was following behind ron, harry and hermione into the woods when hagrid wanted them to meet his half-brother. she was shocked he even had a brother as did ron but hermione shit them up when they asked too many questions.

she was internally praying this agony was going to end. finally, it did. she was far behind but she knew where they were going due to hagrid's huge figure.

she realised harry stayed behind, letting hermione and ron to go forth with hagrid.

"i heard something a few days ago, are you betraying us?" harry sputtered out.

blake blinked at him in surprise. "what? no, never. harry, why are you-"

"i heard luna and.." he trailed on.

"and?"

"uh,"

"harry, spit it out before i tell hermione you stole her chocolates in third year."

"don't tell her! i saw luna and malfoy talking,"

"okay so?"

"so?"

"you found them talking so what? what's does that have to do with me?"

"they were talking about you not seeing them anymore after something, what's the something? is there something horrible coming?"

blake remained silent. harry was about to open his mouth again but hermione called out for blake so they went towards them.

harry ran while blake walked. she had to buzz away some flies and bugs.

she scurried out of the prickly branches, almost tripping. she jogged to them. "bloody merlin! hagrid, is this your brother? he's huge," she gawked at the giant's height compared to hagrid.

"yep! meet grawpy, me half-brother. down 'ere, you big bufoon!" he added when grawpy was only looking up.

grawpy clasped his huge hands above the four, causing them to duck before they could get hit. "grawpy!" hagrid scolded.

"brought you some company." hagrid smiled. suddenly, the giant sort of jogged towards the four. but stopped because of his harness.

blake brushed away the hair in front of hermione's face. "you alright?"

the granger girl nodded, not trusting her words after blake touched her face.

"i couldn't leave him, you see, he's my big brother."

"bilmey," ron mumbled. "yeah, he's big alright." blake muttered, earning a nudge from hermione.

"half-brother, really. completely harmless, just like i said. a little high-spirited is all," hagrid jumped a bit.

grawpy grabbed hermione, making her scream. "grawpy, that is not polite!"