xxiii. grieving does suck

narrator
-

blake woke up with red-shot eyes, a stuffy nose, tear marks on her face. cedric's teddy bear in her arms. she looked down on it, still wondering why cedric chose the light, maybe he just got tired of the constant comparison between his dad's friend's son and him, seeing whose better, maybe it's the pressure that's always on him, maybe he just was done.

she decided not to go for the farewell ceremony for the students of beauxbaton and durmstrang and the speech for the passing of her best-friend who died being a hero, she hated him for what he did. she wanted him to be alive not dead, she thought he was always the light in her. now, that light doesn't even exist. she was empty without him, she played with the necklace around her neck, the one she gave him right before the first task.

he didn't even live to celebrate his eighteenth birthday.

she chuckled, looking back at all those chaotic yet happy memories of them. she hoped that he was looking down on her, watching her just crying, grieving over him then again everyone was, even those who weren't close to him cried, funny really.

she put the necklace around her neck for safe-keeping, she was definitely not taking it off. she looked around her dorm room to see a picture frame that in inside its frame was a picture, the picture being cedric putting his elbow on her head while she just doesn't pay any mind to it and does a peace sign. it wasn't those moving picture, it was just, well, a normal one.

someone knocked on her door. "come in,"

there stood harry, ron and hermione, waiting to be let in. she waved them in, not wanting to get up. "why are you here?" harry stood awkwardly next to ron who was quite nervous, and then we have hermione who was getting annoyed with her best friends so she decided to speak first.

"right since the boys are too stupid to say anything, we came here to comfort you,"

"why?"

"why?! you literally cried in front of the whole school plus you have got to be broken after your best friend had just died!" harry spoke loudly.

ron sat at the foot of her bed. "we're here for you that's all we're saying," he spoke softly, not wanting to anger her. the granger girl nodded, agreeing with him. let's just say harry'd want to keep his snarky comments aside.

blake thought about harry's words, it was true, she was broken, she just didn't want to show or even feel it. she did cry for over fifteen hours, there's no way she was not tired. she hasn't slept nor eaten which she never tended to do way back before cedric died, she hasn't eaten in weeks, just small portions of food. she couldn't think of a better way to deal with the constant nagging in her head than that.

hermione took a step foward. "do you want anything? food? water? please, you need to eat." blake could just nod, now that her visions and that creepy whisper was gone, she could finally eat. stupid her, not eating because of visions and a voice.

the bushy-haired girl sighed in relief so as the boys, the boys were glad blake was finally eating, hermione was more than pleased. harry pulled out a tissue, blake saw that there was something in it, there was two biscuits. "one was supposed to be for ron but i figured he'd most likely want it to be given to you." ron nodded. harry sat beside blake who took one biscuit, and started to munch on it.

the trio watched with small smiles, they would do anything for her, wouldn't they? yep, they definitely would. they could only think about ways to get this girl back on her two feet, she just lost her best friend, the one who stuck with her since her first day here at hogwarts, the one who taught her quidditch, the one who caught her at her lowest of days. the one whom she loved the most, died.