xvi. friendship kills

narrator
-

it was now february and blake was now helping cedric to open the egg underwater.

"you go down, try to remember what the thing said and that's it." blake clapped her hands together firmly.

"okay." cedric spoke before taking a deep breath and going underwater.

after having at least about four ear bleeds blake has figured out that the screeching was from a mermaid and said that it's needed to be put underwater to hear the message.

cedric came out the water a minute later, "shit." he breathed.

he repeated the poem to blake, "the black lake." she laughed, "it's the only explanation." she added.

"the black lake, mermaids and we, the champions, have to find our treasure," he gathered all the information that they had just found out.

"but what's your most important treasure, the one you keep the closest to your heart." she spoke curiously.

"probably the teddy bear you gave me two years ago." he chuckled remembering the memory.

"sure but would they be that daft to put a teddy bear underwater? i don't think so ceddy." she paced back and forth near the prefect bath.

"why don't we go to your dorm and figure this out, yeah?" he said getting out of the water to get his clothes. blake's back was facing him when he did that.

"okay." she answered, fetching the egg.

"we can go now." he said catching the egg when she threw at him. "i miss quidditch." he added sighing.

"i know, me too." she said, opening the door.

-

hermione
-

"how's victor?" harry asked.

"well he's fine-"

"no doubt about that." he snickered.

"-shush he's good to me but he doesn't talk much." i slapped his shoulder.

"you know blake's acting weird." he said.

"how so?"

"like you already know about the lack of sleep but there's one more thing that i can't point my finger to." he said.

"what's that?" i asked.

"like she needs someone to comfort her and cedric's there but that's not who she wants to be comforted by." he said turning to look at me.

"she needs someone who understands what she's going through." he added giving me a small smile.

the question was who?

it kept lingering in my head even after he left along side cedric. i went back to my dorm and to my surprise, ron was there.

"pavarti let me in," he smiled.