xxx. rotten feeling

you hit harder than a rock.

- B. A. B

-
narrator

-

hermione has always wanted something she never had, love. sure, she had it from her parents, friends but she needed romantic love. she wanted to experience the hard ache of love.

blake could provide her with that, but first, she had to win over her heart.

she thought about blake and her together, she never pictured a future before. now, the picture seems clear for them two.

she reached the defense against the arts classroom, she opened the door and saw no one except a dark brown haired girl inside.

"you're early," she spoke, her voice echoed in the walls.

"thought you'd be with harry and ron," blake blurted out.

"i was,"

blake took out her notebook which moony and her father had gotten for her, they drew on it as well. hilarious cover, blake almost chuckled. "well, what are you wanting for? sit."

with blake's offer, hermione sat next to her. as if on cue, the door opened then a student entered, eyeing them in a confused manner.

blake gave them a stern look which made them immediately put their face down and went to find a seat.

after a while, the whole classroom was filled with students.

padma patil made a paper bird fly, it flew around the classroom til someone blew at it. "seamus, come on, get it." dean spoke.

seamus hit it but it didn't budge. crabbe flung a rock or something at it. nothing, it continued its way around classroom then someone burnt it and landed on the patil sisters' desk.

"good morning, children."

everyone in the classroom turned their heads to see umbridge standing there, in front of the door. blake rolled her eyes at the dramatic entrance.

she wished they didn't changed the teacher but every year, there's always a problem. merlin, did she want to kill herself.

while walking, she waved her wand to write on the board, "ordinary wizarding level examinations, o.w.ls, or more commonly known as owls." she placed her hands down.

ron smiled at harry and the potter boy mirrored the action.

"study hard and you will be rewarded. fail to do so and the consequences may be severe." she waved her wand and books came towards their desks and landed on their desks with a small thud.

"your previous instructions in this subject were disturbingly uneven," blake rolled her eyes again.

"but you'll be pleased to know that from now on you'll be following a carefully structured ministry approved course of defensive magic."

hermione raised her hand while blake continued to go through the book in frustrated curiosity. "yes?" the professor asked.

"there's nothing in here about using defensive spells." she stated.