xv. nightmares fret

narrator
-

saying blake black was happy during the winter break was a serious understatement.

sure, blake was hanging out with cedric, fred and george who were the biggest goofballs she's ever met yet they didn't surpassed the point of her happiness.

the only thing that she'd want right now is remus and sirius but of course the triwizard tournament just had to get in the way. the ancient tournament that's so important that she can't even see her uncle and father.

"why does this have to happen now?" she asked nothing, facing the ceiling. she was simply pouring out her feelings towards the ceiling.

normally blake would tell cedric, her trusting ol' pal or she'd like to call 'personal therapist' about her feelings but for the time being she wanted to be alone and he simply gave her that.

"i wished you were here father." she quietly wished.

"but he's not," a raspy voice spoke in the back of her head.

who was this voice?

or what was this voice?

she shook her head, headed to her washroom and went to the sink, turned on the faucet and she put water on her face.

she looked at the mirror, "mirror mirr-" oh wait um nevermind this is what she asked, "merlin, what's going on with me?"

blake has been losing sleep these days and the group could see it and by the group i mean cedric, the twins, hermione, harry, ron, ginny and of course blake.

blake couldn't comprehend what was happening to her but it for sure consisted of lack of sleep, overthinking and the lack of eating. in these few days, she had realized she has eaten less.

now it has been a while since blake had developed insomnia.

she tried her best to go to sleep but no matter what would happen, her mind wouldn't let her neither did her body. she tried listening to music to calm her but it just didn't work.

someone knocked on blake's door which got her out of the trance she was in.

"blake uh i know you wanted to be alone but i'm worried about your health since i didn't see you at breakfast this morning nor did i see you last night at dinner." blake heard cedric's soft voice from the other side of the door.

"coming!" blake wiped her face with a towel that was on the counter top. she then opened the doo, letting the boy in.

"i was wondering if you'd like to go to the kitchens with me after lunch?" he asked standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

blake nodded while playing with her rings anxiously.

"great, i will see you later." he said walking towards the door and closing it. she sighed in relief that he didn't question any further.

-

blake was on her way to the kitchens but when she entered the kitchen she couldn't find cedric, all she could see was weeping winky with a bottle of wine near the fireplace.