xxvi. memories

i hate you with everything i have yet i don't feel like i should hate you.

- B.A.B

-
narrator

-

today was harry's trail, he woke up early and went with mr weasley while the others stayed at grimmauld place, bummed that they couldn't join the potter boy to the ministry of magic. blake was scared for him then again everyone was. she was the one to show the least of emotion but deep down, she was worried sick for her god brother. all she could do was wait it out.

she reassured herself that harry won't get into trouble or do something stupid. she didn't want to spend all of hogwarts without him. he was everything to her now that cedric had died. she leaned on him and he did the same. they always had each other's back no matter what.

blake was furious with fudge, she hated him ever since he sentenced her father to askaban. she hated him even more now that he didn't believe dumbledore and harry that voldemort was back. he kept denying it. blake was by harry's side when he came to give the potter boy's money which was soon given to the weasely twins who didn't give in but reluctantly took the money.

she could only hope he would get out.

someone knocked on her door, pulling her out of her thoughts. "may i come in?"

she turned to hermione standing there by the door. "sure."

hermione walked towards blake who was seated at the side of her bed. "look we're all worried about harry and i get it. if you were in that situation, i would as well be worried for your life." she quickly covered her mouth at the end of the sentence.

blake immediately turned her head at her. "you what?"

the brown-eyed girl uncovered her mouth to speak but nothing came out and decided to just offer her an awkward smile instead.

the grey-eyed girl raised her eyebrow. "what did you say?"

hermione finally found her voice. "nothing. i said nothing."

blake shook her head. "no no, you said something."

hermione sat wide-eyed next to blake, thinking of an excuse to get out. blake suddenly bursted out laughing while holding her stomach and hermione looked at her, a little confused. "what?" she just looked at her and laughed even harder.

"y-your face!" blake breathed out.

when blake calmed down, hermione finally got it, it being an excuse. "i was just joking, why would i be worr-" blake put a finger on her mouth to keep her from continuing.

"shhh." hermione immediately shut up, still confused. "you want to know why i was laughing?" the granger girl nodded.

blake put down her finger. "it was a joke. nothing to worry about. although.. i didn't expect you to say something so continue on," she sank further in her bed.

hermione chuckled nervously. "uhm i-" a knock interrupted her sentence. sirius was at the door, standing there awkwardly. "was i interrupting anything?"

hermione stood up from her seat on the bed. "not at all, i'll be leaving you both now."

blake glared at her father for coming at a bad timing while he smiled nervously. "sorry," he mouthed since hermione was still in ear-shot but they knew he wasn't sorry at all.

he sat down on her chair backwards since her chair was facing her desk. "dumbledore's with harry right now," blake's eyes went wide and stared at her father, a mix of confusion and shock. "what?"