That day

Ever since I moved to this town forgotten even by god, I changed completely and everything became depressing and delusional.

If someone would jump in front of a train or a truck... they would simply call the police or whatever takes care of those things. Some may think it's impossible but believe me when I say that no one had a single sparkle of life in their eyes, of course they'd show their best fake smile and laugh when the circumstances required it but that's the only exception.

I worked as a waitress in the most "popular" diner and since I didn't live too far from it, I didn't have a car or anything like that because I just had to walk.

One day as I was serving an old man I found out something, or better, someone.

"Ugh this psycho kids..." the old man I was serving sighed angrily reading a news paper "... kids nowadays watch too many scary movies. That's why when I was younger..." I stopped listening to him as my attention got caught by the article he was reading, about a serial killer with a white shrieking mask and a hooded black robe.

He stalked his victims after playing with them on the phone, then he would take photos of them with their guts all around the place. It sounded disgusting to me but oddly fascinating.

"Excuse me lady!" Another costumer made me snap from my thoughts.

When the day was over I simply took my bag and left.

As I was walking to my house it started raining so much I almost couldn't even hear the sound of cars on the road.

I had to run because I didn't have an umbrella nor a hood to cover myself from the rain.
I made it to my place, soaking wet, but at least I made it.
The place where I lived was a palace in awful conditions and company as all the neighbors were annoying as hell. I lived at the top floor and had to use the stairs most of the time because the elevator was almost always out of order and it wasn't easy for me since there were ten floors.

As soon as I got inside my humble flat I opened the window overlooking the stairs I could use to save myself in case of fire.
I threw the wet clothes to wash and walked around only in my underwear. After tying my hair I grabbed a cigarette and sat on the edge inside of the window, I lit my cigarette and admired the rain, feeling in total peace with myself while smoking.

After a while, I threw away the cigarette almost finished and went to take a shower.

While doing so, my mind was still thinking about that serial killer, how he didn't leave a single evidence or fingerprint, nothing. He was just like a ghost.
I wondered what I would have done if I were in his place, if I would be that careful too or simply killing for fun.
Did he do it for fun or revenge?
That's another question that popped in my mind while washing away the stress from my body.

When I was clean, I wore an oversized shirt and my underwear, I put on my headphones and started listening to some music as I decided to search more informations about that serial killer: Ghostface.

I looked at all the pictures I could find and all the articles about him. He went from town to town, vanishing while doing so, like if he lived in the dark, in the shadows or something like that.

He looked like a professional but didn't kill a lot of people, maybe he didn't want to be noticed at first, that's what I thought.

I looked at the hour, it was almost three in the morning, but I didn't care because I didn't have to work in the morning.
Anyhow I was about to fall asleep on the computer when I heard a loud noise coming from the living room.

I went to check slowly with my baseball bat in hands, I started thinking that the Ghostface had been able to see me making researches about him and decided to kill me because he wouldn't have liked that.