Missing

It was the first morning without Danny.

I had to go to work so I changed and once I was ready I didn't stop to eat something or anything, I just wanted to leave the house.

I had my usual walk to the diner and once I arrived, I immediately noticed Caleb from the kitchen, we shared only a look before my boss dragged me in his office, he was kinda angry because of my absence and mainly because I didn't call him to inform him.

But he didn't fire me, only because I was his best waitress.

I immediately started to work, trying my best to avoid Caleb, but he didn't seem to want a chat with me either so I didn't care.

But I didn't like the way he looked at me, his eyes were like knives stabbing my chest. He looked upset but I could see a hint of regret maybe. My expression on the other hand was... cold and apathetic.

The day was going on pretty smoothly until, of course, something had to happen.

I went in the kitchen to grab a spoon and in my other hand was a cup of very hot coffee. I was walking when I heard a noise coming from the back of the diner and when I turned around I tripped on something and spilled the coffee all over Caleb.

His white shirt was stained and he began to hiss and curse under his breath because of the hot liquid.

"Shit! Sorry..." I immediately reached over him with a wet towel and handed him.

He walked towards the bathroom and I followed him so that I could check if he was alright.

Caleb quickly took off his apron and his shirt, catching me off guard.

His back was turned on me but I could see his front from the mirror. I stared only a second to his abs before looking up and seeing him looking at me, so I immediately looked away.

"Here take this" I handed him the towel, he took it without saying anything. "Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to" he turned around "Are you sure? Because I'm starting to believe that I'm becoming your punching bag" he whispered loudly at me, "The first time was an accident" I pointed my finger at him, he looked at it and then back to me with a kinda angry look.

"You're impossible" he turned around again and pressed the cold towel on his side where the coffee burned him.

"You kissed me. Without my consent" I specified. He sighed and wetted the towel more before turning to me again before pressing it on his side.

"Alright I'm sorry. But if you really don't like me not only one bit... why are you here" he looked at me coldly, "well duh I need money" he rolled his eyes and shook his head "I mean why are you here in this small bathroom with me? Why are you checking if I'm okay?" He was right, why was I caring? I could have easily said sorry and left.

"W-well I didn't want you to sue me!" He chuckled at my answer as if he found it ridiculous, "are you for real? If I wanted to sue you I would have done it when you punched me. That was the lamest excuse ever" he began to laugh without making too much noise.

I stared at him angrily, "I'm out of here" I was about to turn around and leave when Caleb held my waist with one hand while the other closed the door quickly. I gasped in surprise and a little of excitement as I felt Caleb's arms around my waist.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked turning my head as much as I could to see him, his face was very close to mine.

"You're cute when you stutter, you know?" He asked as he looked at my lips with a slight smirk, I could feel my heart beats going faster and faster.

I don't know why I did what I did... I just had the urge to kiss him and he didn't think twice about kissing me back. With him everything was easier.

He turned me around without breaking the kiss and lifted me up, making me wrap my legs around his hips as he held me from my back thigh.