My pet

When I woke up I was sure that I just had a dream.

I thought that there was no way that the Ghostface would have wanted to kill me nor kiss me for sure.

Was I into that kind of horror stuff? Well, I've always found horror movies quite fascinating, but I never thought that I could have an interest about a serial killer.

I started my morning by getting ready without coffee, because I figured that I could have had some of the diner's.
I started making my way to the diner and noticed that the weather was really nice that day, but that didn't make me feel better, actually, I was sure that not even the sun could brighten up my morning in that city.

When I arrived to the diner I was greeted by my boss and a man that looked like my age right on the other side of the counter.

"Hey doll! Come here" my boss used to speak to me like if I was an object but I didn't care at all because I really needed that job. I did as he asked and walked towards the two men.

I showed my best fake smile "what can I do for you?" I asked pleasantly, "the cook was found dead in the woods. Now this young man is going to take his place" In my boss' words wasn't even a bit of empathy while on the other hand I began to wonder if last night was actually a dream or not.

I never liked the old cook, he would usually try to touch me and talked to me like if I were a hooker.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Caleb" the man smiled warmly at me reaching out his hand, "Y/n" I smiled a little and shook his sweaty hand before quickly taking it back.

"I'm sorry, I'm kinda nervous" he looked nervous indeed, he then came closer to me and whispered "I don't really know what I'm doing" I smiled, "Is there someone who really does?" I tried to reassure him and put on the apron that waitresses had to wear to look more pleasant with the costumers.

I took a better look at Caleb, he was tall and fit, he had hazel mesmerizing eyes and black hair a little messy which covered only a little part of his eye, he had a defined jaw and thin but what looked like very soft lips.

"Anyway, I'm new here and needed money. So, here I am" he crossed his arms and lifted his shoulders in an insecure way.

"That makes the two of us then, well except for the fact that I'm not so new" I looked at the boss coldly and he left before winking at me, Caleb noticed, "Does he always treat you like that?" He asked, I shrugged and started doing my job, serving costumers and picking up the tips.

The day went on pretty quickly, I caught Caleb looking at me from time to time, he would quickly look away and act as if he wasn't staring, but I noticed that he blushed very easily so that kinda tricked him.

As I was walking back to my palace it was already dark outside and I heard quick footsteps approaching me from behind so as soon as I could hear the footsteps right behind me I threw a punch and unexpectedly, I hit Caleb's neck, causing him to hold his throat and cough a lot.

"Oh shit!" I put a hand on his back and the other on his shoulder to look at him, "what did you think running at me like a creep!?A man has bene murdered I had to defend myself!" He looked at me with shocked eyes, then he started laughing.

I stared at him speechless, "At least... now you know how well you can defend yourself" he said with the little voice he had left, "I'm sorry" I sighed "do you want something hot to drink?" He nodded and so I took him to my place.

As he kept talking about how he came to that town and how much he liked it I just nodded but I wasn't actually listening to him. I was thinking about what I would do if the Ghostface tried to kill me. Would I just accept it? Or would I try to stop him?