1 - Never Again

It was a beautiful, sunny day.

Jake parked his car near his girlfriend's university before he got out and waited for her classes to finish. That was kind of a routine, but he loved it. 

He loved coming to her and waiting for her because he loved her a lot.

Yu Nabi was a senior at the university, and Jake had met her two years ago when he was still studying. He was her senior, and he first saw her during the freshers' week. She was lovely and seemed like a really nice person.

So, Jake asked her out and Nabi said yes. And that's when they started dating.

"Jake!" The soft voice made Jake look up as his gaze landed on a very beautiful girl.

"That's my girlfriend." He reminded himself and smiled before opening his arms widely, and Nabi rushed to him before she hugged him.

"Did you wait a lot?" She asked as she looked at him with sparkling eyes.

"No, I just got here. I missed you." Jake said before he kissed her forehead and hugged her tighter. He had so much love for Nabi, and she liked him a lot.

"I missed you too."

"Let's go have lunch, I made a reservation at your favorite restaurant," Jake said as he opened the car's door for her, and she smiled.

"You're the best boyfriend ever." She said and pecked his cheek before she got in.

And Jake couldn't be happier. But that wasn't going to last long.

Jake was directing his father's business, but he always found time to come to Nabi. He always waited for her, and at first, she liked it. But then, Nabi started to get bored.

Jake wasn't the best boyfriend anymore, he just started to be so clingy and she didn't like it. Nabi just had to tell him about it, however, she started seeing another guy while dating Jake.

And he had no idea about it.

Every time Jake came to her university, she told him she was still busy and she had some things to do at the library. He wanted to wait for her, but she told him not to.

However, one day, Jake waited. When she didn't come out even after a long time, he went to look for her. She wasn't in the library or in any of her classes. He asked her classmates about her but no one wanted to say anything to him. 

It was strange, and he felt that something was terribly wrong.

And perhaps that's why once inside the school's cafeteria, his gaze landed on Nabi and another guy. He could have been okay with it if they weren't holding hands. If they weren't smiling at each other so widely as the guy kisses the back of her hand.

Without realizing it, his feet started moving until he was standing in front of them. And right when Nabi saw him, she gasped and pulled her hand away as she stood up.

"J-Jake... I-" She nervously said as she was about to grab Jake's arm, but he took a step back and stared at her with teary eyes. He loved her so much.

"Don't touch me." He said, looking between her and the other guy who dared to look annoyed. He had no right to be annoyed right then. "So... you've been cheating on me this whole time?"

Nabi rolled her eyes before she sighed and he just stared at her in disbelief. "I just-"

"Is this the guy that you've been dating for his fun? Because he's wealthy?" The guy asked, making Jake look at him. "The clingy asshole who's bothering you?"

Jake looked back at Nabi, hoping that what the guy said wasn't true. It didn't make any sense, Nabi loved him too. So why was this happening?

"Yeah." She muttered, and Jake heard it.

Never in his life has he thought that a simple world could break his heart to pieces, until then. He stared at her with slightly wide eyes, trying to find any signs of her joking. Why? She loved him too.

"I did love you... but you're just too clingy." She said and that was another stab in Jake's heart.

"Nabi-"

"Whenever I want to do anything with my life, you're sticking by my side! I don't like it!" She raised her voice and everyone in the cafeteria was staring at them by then. "You love too much, Jake! And honestly, I hate it! Why are you like this!?"

You love too much. The words replayed in Jake's mind as a tear fell down his cheek.

"I..." He looked away and wiped his tear. "So... you found another guy?"

"Yes! He's so much better than you!" She sighed heavily. "To be honest, I kept dating you just because you're wealthy. But it's too much-"

"What?" Jake froze. 

"Let's break up," Nabi said as Jake stared right into her eyes. Humans' emotions are so funny, one moment he loved her eyes and everything about her, the other, he couldn't stand looking at her. So, he looked away, but he wished he didn't.

Everyone was staring at him with pity as they muttered and whispered to each other.

He must be so embarrassed.

Look at him.

Is he crying?

I feel bad for him.

Was he a bad boyfriend?

Did she even love him?

People's words made his world spin right in front of him. He felt dizzy, and his heart was broken. Perhaps even torn apart.

Jake didn't even look at her or her new guy again, he just turned around and silently made his way out of the cafeteria and out of her life for good. He needed to get out of it. He wasn't crying anymore, but his insides were aching.

What did he do that was so wrong?

Why did he love her?

Why was this happening to him?

He couldn't get out of his head people's stares and whispers, it made him want to scream and shout and cry. However, Jake got in his car and started driving away. This was the last time he would come there and wait for a girl who didn't even love him.

What was he doing with his life? 

He felt sick, of himself and of everything. His phone was ringing, but he didn't give two fucks about who was calling. He didn't want to see anyone, he didn't even need anyone.

Once in front of his house, he parked his car and made his way inside. And that was the last time he went out. He wasn't ready to meet or talk to anyone.

That was it.

He would not let anyone have the chance to hurt him as Nabi did.

Never again.

A/N: Please give this book your love and support too! <3