10 - A Drunk Kiss

"W-what...?"

Soo Yun stared at him and he just looked away, sadness seen in his eyes. He didn't know why he asked such a stupid question, but he did, and now he had to face the consequences.

"Do you not see me as a man?" He regretted asking this because it only made the situation worse. "Am I not worthy to be loved?"

"Jake, it's not..." She started, not knowing what to say. "I..."

There was a moment of silence in the shop as Jake kept staring right into her eyes. And Soo Yun could notice the tears that brimmed in his eyes before he looked away and nodded.

"I think I'll have to go," He muttered. "I will-"

"Hello, beautiful people!" Sunghoon's voice made them look at the door only to be meg by him walking inside with a bright smile. "How is work- why is there tension in the air?"

"Oh, I..." Soo Yun muttered, trying to come up with something to tell her brother. "Jake is so tired... yeah. He's been taking care of me and he needs to rest."

"Are you okay?" Sunghoon looked at Jake in worry but didn't get a response from him.

Jake just left the shop, leaving Soo Yun confused. Why was he so upset about not being a potential boyfriend to her? It's not like he liked her or anything.

"What is wrong with him?" Sunhoon scoffed as he leaned on the counter. "I'm here now, my dear sister." 

"What do you need?" Soo Yun muttered with a sigh.

"What's wrong with you? Gosh, can't I come to see you? I'm your brother for fuck's sake." He slightly raised his voice and she closed her eyes, not in the mood to argue with him.

"I'm just not in the mood-"

"Then tell me what's wrong! I'm your only family, Soo Yun, do you not realize that?" Staring at her, he sighed heavily. "You're my only family too, so please, don't make me worry about you a lot."

"I'm fine, it's okay." She smiled bitterly. "I'm sorry..."

"You apologizing like this is weird so stop it, you idiot." He said before he chuckled. "I know you're not a kid but as your brother, I worry about you."

"I know, but you have Areum now."

"What's wrong? Do you not like her?"

"I do, she's nice... but she's taking you away from me." At her words, Sunghoon's eyes softened.

"No one is taking me away from you, I will stick by your side until I start being annoying." He chuckled.

"You already are." She laughed and he scoffed. 

"Areum worries about you too. She cares about you and loves you as much as I do. She's not taking me away, Soo Yun. Okay?"

"Okay." She nodded.

"She might just become your sister, you know?"

"That would be nice." She smiled and waved her hands at him. "Anyways, let me work. See you."

"Ah, the wedding will be held in about two months." He said and she smiled. 

"I'm so happy for you, Sunghoon. I hope you're always happy and smiling." 

"I know, you're the only one who wishes to see me happy the most. And I love you."

"Ew." Soo Yun cringed.

"I just wanted to be nice, you dumbass." He rolled his eyes. "Wait a minute, now that Jake isn't here, how are you going to work?"

"It's okay, but... I'd like to go see him after I close the shop." She said, embarrassed. "I didn't have the chance to thank him for staying with me, so..."