27 - Petite Fleur

"How are the newlyweds?" Jake asked as he got out of the shower. He planted a kiss on Soo Yun's forehead as she closed her eyes and smiled.

She's been spending the night at his place and what she loved the most was the fact that sleeping with him didn't mean anything other than cuddling and actually sleeping.

"They're having the best time of their lives." She smiled. Sunghoon and Areum video called her when he was in the shower. They were swimming in Thailand and enjoying the sun and the refreshing breeze.

"We need to travel too. I mean the last trip was a flop, so we definitely need another one." He laughed, the memories of that miserable night replaying in his mind. "I'll make sure we do once we're free."

"Okay, that sounds great." She smiled as she sat up, yawning. "I need to go to work." 

"Me too. I'll drop you off." He muttered and when he was about to walk out of the room, he stopped and leaned on the doorframe. "But first, tea or coffee?"

"Coffee." Soo Yun smiled.

"A book and cuddles?" He asked, head tilting and she melted. He knew her too well. "Not too long though, Heeseung will kill me."

"But you're the boss." She laughed.

"He might take the position from me. I mean, he really deserves it more." Jake said half-jokingly and half meant. Soo Yun could see it in his face, and the bitter smile on it made her realize that she was right.

So, slowly standing up, she walked towards him before she wrapped her arms around his waist. "You're doing a very good job too, Jake. Actually, people might be jealous of how ambitious you are."

"Who would be jealous of me?" He laughed.

"Someone out there might be." She smiled and gave him a peck on the lips before she turned around. "I'm taking a quick shower."

"That's not fair." He whined and turned around to head to the kitchen while smiling like an idiot. He was whipped.

After some time, the two of them were sitting on the couch, all cuddled and cozy as they both sipped on their coffees and read her favorite book.

"I like this line." He muttered and she nodded as if they were analyzing some complicated theory. And a few pages later, they were getting ready before Jake drove her to her shop.

"Thank you." She smiled and kissed his cheek as a little reward. By the way, he loved that little gesture and to him, it wasn't small at all. It was the main thing that made his day. "See you later."

Driving to his workplace, Jake just smiled and thought of how he'd spend the late hours of the day with Soo Yun. She changed him, he had never felt this happy for a long time. Not even when he was dating Yu Nabi.

"Hello, boss." Heeseung greeted when he spotted Jake stepping inside the office. "I'm so happy to see you here today. I'm gonna work so hard-"

"Okay, stop it." He laughed as he put his bag on his desk and sat down. "How are you?"

"Great. Although I feel lonely since Sunghoon and Areum left, and you're always with Soo Yun. Jay is the only one left, what am I supposed to do, kiss his ass?"

Jake was taken aback. "I mean, you might do that."

"Yea- what? You fucking idiot."

Laughing, Jake shook his head before he stared at his computer's screen. "What do we have today?"

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about an exhibition," Heeseung said, rushing to get some papers from his desk. "We can put our newest collection for show, maybe for auction even."

"Really? Let me see." Jake seemed interested in the idea. He read the papers and raised an eyebrow, amused. "Have you been thinking about this for so long? This seems like a great idea."

"I know I'm good." Heeseung sassily flipped the nonexistent side hair and smiled.

"Yes. Yes, that's true." Jake nodded, still reading the papers. "The place is set, the day, the time, the flower shop- what is Soo Yun's shop doing here?" 

"About that, I thought it would be great if we did a collaboration with her. We show our jewelry and she shows her flowers. It would be a great opportunity for her, and you know that she always loved Aurora & Co. I'm sure she'll love the idea."

"I'm sure she'll not only love it." Jake laughed, eyes sparkling at the mere thought of working with Soo Yun. "I approve of this."

"Just like that?" Heeseung asked and frowned when Jake stood up from his desk. "Wait, where are you going?"

"To let our collaborator know about our next event." He muttered, stepping out of his office before he got in his car and drove to her shop. It didn't take him a lot of time to reach it, and as he did, he stopped in front of it and he looked for her.

And there she was, smiling at a customer who was so familiar to Jake. Recognizing the old man inside, Jake smiled before he stepped inside.

"Welcome-" Soo Yun greeted when he walked into the place, and then her eyes widened. "You're here."

"Hello." He smiled at her and back at the old man who seemed to recognize him too.

"It's the young man from that day." He smiled kindly at him before he looked back at Soo Yun. "Is he still a potential boyfriend?"

"Not anymore," she whispered with a grin. "He's a really good boyfriend."

"I knew it." The man exclaimed, making the two laugh. "You remind me of the old days. I hope you two are happy together."

Soo Yun nodded, glancing at Jake who always had that sweet and lovely smile on his face.

After the old man got his plant, he wished them a good rest of the day and excused himself. The two of them were alone as Jake leaned on the counter and kissed her.

"What is my petite fleur doing?" He asked and she chuckled.

"That's a good nickname. Pretty creative, right?"

"Indeed." He cleared his throat and fixed his clothes before extending his hand for her to shake. "Park Soo Yun, I might need to be your coworker again."

She frowned, but ten minutes later, she was jumping around the shop as she screamed in excitement. "No way, I can't believe this. Am I dreaming? Pinch me."

"It is true, you're not dreaming. And I'm not pinching you." He said, wrapping his arms around her as she rested her head on his chest. "Do you hear my heartbeat? I'm so excited and happy, you have no idea."

"Oh gosh, I'm so excited too." She hugged him so tightly. "You're really the best boyfriend ever."

He smiled but then he gently pulled away, his hand reaching for something inside his suit. "I have another surprise for you."

"Hm? What is it-" Before she knew it, Jake handed her a box that she hesitantly grabbed. And when she opened it, her eyes widened and she almost teared up. 

"The necklace..." She muttered. "My necklace."

"Yes. It is yours, love." He said and slowly took it so he'd help her wear it. And Soo Yun slowly put her hair to the side, letting him do it.

"It looks gorgeous on you," Jake said when she turned around, kissing her forehead afterward. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." She muttered, eyes brimming with tears when she noticed the little initials engraved on its back. S & J.

"Us." He muttered as he held her in his arms. "It sounds perfect."