20 - Freckles & Kisses

"I'm gonna make dinner," Jake said after they walked inside her apartment. The two decided to spend more time together at her place.

"I'll take a shower in the meantime, then."

Soo Yun and Jake were closer than ever. He had been cooking in her kitchen for so long, and him being home with her made her feel warm and happy. 

"Oh, it's there," Jake muttered while making carbonara because Soo Yun seemed to enjoy eating it a lot. He was so focused on making dinner that he didn't even notice her standing at the door.

Watching him with soft eyes, Soo Yun folded her arms over her chest and leaned on the doorframe. Jake was husband material, she couldn't deny it.

"You're making carbonara!" Her eyes widened when she realized he was making one of her favorite dishes.

"You're done showering?" He asked and Soo Yun laughed at the obvious question. "Yes, you like it."

Jake then turned around to look at her and he froze. His eyes slightly widened as he gazed at her and she frowned.

"What's wrong?" 

"You have freckles." 

His words took her off guard. She just stared at him, cheeks slowly reddening. "Yes..." 

"How come I never noticed them before? They're so beautiful." He asked, extending one hand as his fingers brushed against her freckles.

"Because I cover them with makeup." Soo Yun said and smiled bitterly. "My classmates in high school used to bully me because of them."

Jake's eyes softened. "It's a shame you cover them, they're so beautiful. I'd love to see your freckles more."

"Really?" Soo Yun put a hand on the towel on her head as she smiled happily.

"Do you want me to dry your hair?"

"No, it's okay. I'll just-" She was speaking but Jake grabbed her wrist and pulled her into her room. 

"Sit down, where's the hair dryer?"

"In the second drawer." Soo Yun pointed and he nodded, taking it out before plugging it into the outlet. "You don't have to do this."

"I want to. Now come here." Jake chuckled as he started drying her hair. His fingers were going through her hair as she looked down but then she looked away for some reason.

"You cook dinner and help me dry my hair," She muttered with a chuckle. "You might as well be my husband."

"Should I? I mean, be your husband." 

"Yes." Her reply made him smile before he focused on her hair again. "Jay came to the shop today."

Now that took him off guard. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, we just talked for some time and when I asked him about you, he said that you two never fought to begin with. That means you have to come to the trip."

"Are you sure he wants me there?" He joked.

"Yes. You know, his cottage is amazing. We used to go there back before he went to Seattle, the place is so dreamy and I feel like someone new whenever I go there."

"You must love it so much." He said, eyes softening at her.

"Believe me, I love it a lot. So I'd like to go there with you." Looking up at him, she smiled and he ruffled her hair. "You have to come, okay?"

Jake turned off the hair dryer and gently cupped her cheeks, pressing a kiss on her freckles. "I will, as long as you do too. Now come on, dinner is ready." And as if nothing happened, he chuckled and just walked out of Soo Yun's room, giving her a minute to collect herself after what just happened.