15 - Love, Maybe

"Are you okay?" Jake asked as he handed her a cup of water. "Do you want to go to the police station? We can tell them about-"

"No." She said and slightly shook her head, grabbing his hand as she made him sit next to her. "He won't come back."

"What if he does?" He frowned, and she just shrugged.

"My potential boyfriend would protect me just like he did today." She muttered, and Jake could feel his heart skip a beat. Oh no.

Staring at her with slightly wide eyes and cheeks almost red, he gulped. Why did she make his heart beat so fast and skip beats? And Soo Yun just stared at him with a smile.

"Gosh, you're so handsome." She didn't even realize what she said until his eyes widened even more. She paused. "I think I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

But then Jake grinned. "Yeah."

And it was her turn to blush. They fell into a not-so-uncomfortable silence as she just stared at the cup of water in her hands. "Thank you." She muttered and Jake nodded.

"Don't worry, I've got you." The words made her heart flutter.

"I don't think anyone said that to me before." She whispered but Jake heard it.

"Well, now I'm here." He smiled, and Soo Yun realized how happy she felt whenever he did. It warmed her heart and made her feel like everything is going to be just fine. As long as he's there by her side.

The door opening forcefully made them look away from each other as Sunghoon walked inside, a worried look on his features. "Soo Yun, are you okay?" He asked and grabbed her arms.

"Yes, I am." She nodded with a small smile. "Jake was here when he... yeah."

At that, Jake cleared his throat and stood up, staring at her brother. Slightly tilting his head, he raised an eyebrow at him. "Hm?"

"Thank you for looking out for my sister, Sim Jake." Sunghoon bowed sarcastically and Jake couldn't help but roll his eyes. "You have to apologize for her, though."

"I did." Jake shrugged and looked back at Soo Yun who just grinned.

"What? What's going on with you two?" He rested his hands on his hips as he stared between the two.

"We-"

"He's a potential boyfriend."

"Right- what?" Sunghoon's eyes widened as he fought a smile from appearing on his face. "What is this, Jake?"

"Well, it happened." He shrugged while putting a hand on the back of his neck. 

"What do you mean it happened-"

"Oh, Sunghoon, how's Areum?" Soo Yun asked as he looked back at her. "How're the preparations going?"

"Everything is good." He said and side-eyed Jake. "This idiot has to give us the wedding rings quickly."

"Why?" She frowned.

"He's the one making it." At his words, her eyes widened in surprise. "Jake has a jewelry business. Aurore & Co."

"What?" She turned to him as her eyes sparkled. "Oh god, I love your jewelry. It's very famous!"

Jake's ears turned red at her compliments and he just smiled at her. "Thank you. I'm glad you like them."

"Why didn't you tell me about it? You're a traitor." She joked and he shrugged.

"You never asked." He chuckled.

"Woah," She let out and the smile on her face melted Jake's heart. "You're making their wedding rings? Do you design them yourself?"

"Yes." He nodded, feeling timid.