14 - Dear Friend, I Love You

"Why don't you try making up with him? You know he didn't mean it." Heeseung was talking on the phone as he stepped inside Jake's house, closing the door behind him. 

"Not until he apologizes to Soo Yun," Sunghoon said on the other line and sighed. "She's probably still upset by what he said."

"I don't think so-" Heeseung's eyes widened when he walked into Jake's room, only to find Soo Yun sleeping next to him. On his bed.

"What?" Sunghoon said.

"I'll talk to you later," Heeseung whispered before he hung up the phone and turned around to make his way back outside. "Trust me, Sunghoon, she's not upset anymore."

Slowly opening her eyes, Soo Yun's gaze fell on Jake's face as he slept peacefully. The first thing she thought of was checking if Jake still had a fever. And so, she rested a hand on his forehead and the other on hers.

"His fever went down." She let a sigh of relief and smiled softly at him. 

"It's all because of you." Jake's voice made her widen her eyes as she froze in her place. All this time, he was awake. "Good morning."

Opening his eyes, he stared at her as she slightly blushed. To have Jake, right next to her, telling her 'good morning' wasn't something she expected to happen any time soon.

"Sunghoon will kill me." He laughed and sat up, fixing his hair as she just kept staring at him. "But thank you for staying with me. It honestly felt so nice to have someone take care of me."

Soo Yun smiled and stood up, making Jake smile wide. So wide.

"Your foot is okay?" He asked, his eyes sparkling.

"Yes. I took off the bandages yesterday before I came over." She smiled happily. But Jake's smile started fading away.

"Does it mean that I won't work with you anymore?" He asked, worried. He regretted everything that happened so far because he wasted all the time he was supposed to spend with her at the shop.

"No, you still can work with me." She nodded. "I'm not letting you go anyways, you're a good coworker. But you have your work too..."

"Today is Monday." He reminded himself as he frowned. "Damn it, it's late."

"Heeseung must be at work already." Soo Yun said and he stopped in his tracks. "You can call him."

"I don't think I can d-"

"Jake." She called and stood in front of him. "He's your friend, you can do it. You should do it."

"Okay. I'll call him." Pressing on Heeseung's contact, he rested his phone on his ear as he waited for the latter to pick up.

"Am I dreaming? Is the great Sim Jake calling me?" Heeseung dramatically said on the other line of the phone, making Soo Yun grin and Jake roll his eyes.

"Shut up. I'm sorry, thank you." Jake muttered. "Whatever."

"What did I even expect?" He scoffed. "I have a feeling Soo Yun asked you to do this but I take what I can get."

"I'm actually sorry for what I said, I didn't mean that."

"I know, Jake. I'm not mad at you because I know."

Jake smiled a little and glanced at Soo Yun as she just stared at him. He felt good. She made him feel like a better person, he didn't know how to explain it but it was good. Her presence comforted him and her smile almost made him believe that anything wrong would be right.

"Are you coming to work?" 

"I don't know." Jake shrugged. 

"I'm going to tell your father to kick you out. Seriously, you've been slacking off for the past month."