29 - Forever My Always

"Park Soo Yun, you're finally getting married," Sunghoon said as he stepped inside the room where Soo Yun was. She had an off-shoulder white dress on with her hair styled in an elegant bun and a bouquet of pink carnations and baby breaths in her hands.

She was wearing the necklace Jake had made for her and she looked so beautiful, almost ethereal. Her brother and his wife greeted her with the biggest smiles and that warmed her heart.

"I can't believe it..." He muttered, his eyes almost tearing up. "Mom would have been so happy and proud." 

Soo Yun was grateful that he didn't mention their father because it would only ruin her day. The lack of a father's love was already painful as it is, but her brother being with her on such a special day made up for it a hundred times.

"I know." She smiled, eyes slightly glistening.

"You look so beautiful, Soo Yun. So, so beautiful." Areum playfully pushed Sunghoon away as she grabbed her hands. 

"Gosh, you're making me shy."

"How does it make you so happy when Areum says you're beautiful but when I say it, you're kind of disgusted and it's cringe?" Sunghoon raised an eyebrow as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Girl supporting girls, Sunghoon." Soo Yun shrugged with a grin. "Having Areum say that definitely makes me happier."

"My little sister," Areum's eyes softened as she smiled at her.

"Is she my sister or yours?"

"Mine?" Areum grinned.

"Okay, then walk her down the aisle." Sunghoon shrugged with a smirk and Soo Yun just laughed. "I'm just kidding. I love this smile of yours, though."

Smiling warmly at her brother, Soo Yun let out a sigh of relief before she looked down at the flowers.

"I'm happy it's Jake I'm marrying." She muttered, making their eyes soften. "He's the first person to make me feel like I'm a special someone... as if I was made for him."

"This is true love." Sunghoon smiled. "It appears when you least expect it and make your whole life so much more beautiful."

Areum nodded, slowly intertwining her hand with his. "I'm happy for you, Soo Yun. You deserve this love."

Soo Yun smiled, a little shy but as happy as ever. She was surrounded by the people she loved on the day when she was going to announce to the world that she loves Sim Jake. She couldn't be happier.

The knocking on the door made them turn as she told them to come in, and when the door opened, her smile got wider. Jay and Heeseung stepped inside, their eyes wide open and shining brightly as they stared at the beautiful bride.

"Wow, Soo Yun," Heeseung muttered, shaking his head as he clapped. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." She smiled softly as she glanced at Jay who was always staring at her, and his eyes could tell her a million of words he couldn't speak. He didn't tell her that she looked beautiful, but the way he stared at her made her feel like she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And perhaps that was true.

"I'm so happy for you, Yunie." He spoke and her eyes softened at the nickname he gave her some years ago. "I hope this smile never leaves your face."

Everyone smiled at his words, and before they knew it, it was time for the wedding ceremony to start. Soo Yun took a deep breath as she tried to calm down her racing heart and Sunghoon chuckled.

"Come on," He said as he linked his arm with hers. "It's time."

Park Soo Yun felt like crying as the big door opened, revealing the crowd sitting inside. Everyone was there and all eyes were on hers as she slowly stepped forward along with Sunghoon. But everything around her stopped when her gaze landed on him.

Eyes glistening, Sim Jake stared at her with a look that almost made it seem like he fell in love all over again. A single tear fell down his cheek as he stared at her, slowly making her way towards him.

And when she stood in front of him, Sunghoon gently grabbed her hand and waited for Jake to take it. He did, and the two of them turned towards her brother before they bowed at him.

"Take care of her," Sunghoon said as he patted Jake's back and the latter nodded and smiled.

"Of course."

Both of them turned to the officiant, who turned out to be Heeseung, and almost laughed when he was about to tear up. "I knew it. I knew these two will end up together. I shipped them together before they made it official because Jake kept scoffing that he didn't like Soo Yun and yet he always looked at her first whenever someone told a joke just to see if she was laughing too."

"I did?" Jake laughed.

Soo Yun smiled as she looked at him with soft eyes. He hadn't realized it, but every time she laughed she hoped he was watching, hoping that he'll fall for her smile just as hard as she fell for his. 

"Now it's time for the words Park Soo Yun and Sim Jake want to hear the most today," Heeseung muttered with a smile. "Please face each other and hold hands."

Jake took Soo Yun's hands in his and smiled at her, mesmerized by how gorgeous she looked.

"I, Sim Jake, take you, Park Soo Yun, to be my wife." He said the words Heeseung asked him to repeat. "I will share my life with you, and build our dreams together, support you through times of trouble, and rejoice with you in times of happiness. I promise to give you respect, love, and loyalty. This commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope, and made new every day of our lives."

"I, Park Soo Yun, take you, Sim Jake, to be my husband." That was music to his ears. "I will share my life with yours, build our dreams together, support you through times of trouble, and rejoice with you in times of happiness. I promise to give you respect, love, and loyalty. This commitment is made in love, kept in faith, lived in hope, and made new every day of our lives."

The rings fit in their fingers perfectly as they held hands and stared at each other in utter love.

"And so now, it is my honor and delight to declare you husband and wife," Heeseung said before he leaned towards Jake. "You can kiss her."

Jake held back his laugh but before he knew it, Soo Yun rested a hand on his chest and softly kissed his lips, making everyone cheer for the two of them. Jake's father was staring at them with so much love and affection and the thought of his wife crossed his mind.

She would have been proud of Jay for finding love and keeping his promises, for being a good man and a good person. She would have teared up too, but right then, he felt the happy tears fall down his cheeks, alone.

The world stopped around them, and suddenly, it was only Soo Yun who he could see. He stared at her as she smiled happily, their hands intertwined. And right then, it hit him.

If it was Soo Yun he's falling for, he would always be ready to love.