9 - Why Don't You?

"Jake, wake up."

"Uhm... five minutes more, Soo Yun..."

"I'm not Soo Yun for fuck's sake, wake up you dumbass!" Sunghoon's hand collided with Jake's back as the latter slightly jumped up from his place.

"Wait, what!?" He widened his eyes when he saw Sunghoon. "What are you doing here?"

"Gosh, I tell you to take care of my sister and you sleep with her? Are you fucking kidding me?" He glared at Jake before he looked back at his sister, and that's when Jake realized that she was there too.

Soo Yun's cheeks were tomato red as she sent death glares to her brother. "We didn't s-sleep together, you idiot!" 

"Then what were you two doing? Why did I find him sleeping in your room?" 

"I..." She started and frowned before glancing over at Jake who shook his head.

"N-no! The blanket was off and I just covered her! I don't know how I-"

You can call me Yunie.

Jake froze as he gulped. His ears started reddening as Sunghoon crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows. "You. Follow me."

"Trust me, I didn't mean to sleep in her room!" Jake said as he walked out of her room. "I guess I was just too tired and fell asleep there without realizing it. I swear-"

"Okay, okay, I trust you." Sunghoon waved his hand at Jake as he scoffed. "I trusted you with Soo Yun so I know you wouldn't do anything, you idiot."

"What's going on?" Jungwon's voice was heard from the living room before Jake and Sunghoon walked toward him. And to his surprise, it wasn't just Jungwon who was there. 

Jay, Heeseung, Sunoo, Niki, Jungwon. Everyone was there and Jake was confused. It was morning. What was happening?

"Why are you all here?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Because Sunghoon told us not to come." Heeseung smiled sarcastically.

"What? Why?"

"Soo Yun was tired and she needed to rest," Sunghoon cleared his throat. 

"But you asked Jake to stay with her." Crossing his arms, Jay raised an eyebrow.

"Well... why are you even- is this an interview?" 

"I told Sunghoon to let him stay." The feminine voice made all turn around as they looked at her, struggling to stand up on one foot. "And Jake was kind enough to take care of me and even cook dinner for me."

"I could have stayed if you told me to," Jay said, his voice holding some sadness and disappointment. 

"It's okay, you just came back so you must be busy." She reassured.

"But Yunie-" 

"Soo Yun and I need to head to work, we're opening the shop at ten today," Jake said as he looked at the others. He seemed to be proud to be her coworker.

"Why would you-"

"Jake will help me with the shop for the time being, he's also my new coworker." Soo Yun said and Heeseung widened his eyes.

"Park Soo Yun is having a coworker? Park Soo Yun!?" He asked, not believing what he just heard.

"Yes." Jake smiled widely before he stood closer to her. "Let's go, Yunie."

Soo Yun's cheeks reddened at that and Sunghoon was about to throw a fit. "What did you just tell her!?"

"Mind your business, Park Sunghoon." She said before Jake helped her into her room. "Also, thank you guys for visiting me, I'm doing great!"