11 - Strawberry Lipstick

Right when Soo Yun woke up, she froze.

The feeling of two legs resting on hers and arms resting on her chest wasn't a dream, after all, it was real. Because when she opened her eyes, she was sleeping between Jake and Jay as each one wrapped his arm around her.

Shit. If Sunghoon knows that, he would freak out.

Carefully taking away their arms off her, she glanced at the two men beside her. However, one of them caught her attention for too long.

Her hand slowly found its way to Jake's cheek as she stared at him, her eyes sparkling. She put a strand of his hair off his eyes as her fingers softly brushed his cheek, his eyebrow, and then his lips.

Then the realization hit her, and she froze.

Soo Yun kissed him.

She. Kissed. Jake.

A gasp left her mouth as she stared at him with wide eyes. How could she do that? Why would she even- her memories were blurry, the only thing she could remember was that she kissed him.

She couldn't remember what happened after that, no matter what. She just found herself asleep with the two guys, confused.

Too deep in her thoughts, Soo Yun didn't notice Jake opening his eyes. She was confused and embarrassed, and Jake just stared at her before a small smile formed on his lips.

He remembered everything. He would never forget the fact that she kissed him, or that she's been loving him for so long. It somehow comforted him and he didn't feel lonely anymore. Her words warmed his broken heart.

His ears and cheeks started reddening at the thought of the two of the kissing. It was so sudden and so unexpected, but when Soo Yun kissed him, he kissed back. Deep inside, he wanted to kiss her too.

"No!" He said as he sat up, letting his fingers through his hair.

Soo Yun widened her eyes as she sat up too, looking at him in confusion. "What's w-wrong?" 

"I..." He muttered and looked at her. Did she remember?

Did he remember? She thought.

"I'm sorry, I got d-drunk so I can't r-remember what happened..." She muttered, looking down. "I just woke up and found u-us sleeping in your bed."

"Oh..." Jake let out a sigh of relief. She didn't remember. "It's okay, I was too drunk too so I can't remember now." 

Soo Yun slowly nodded her head before she looked away, but Jay clearing his throat made them jump slightly. "Why are we all sleeping here?"

"That's..." She chuckled nervously. "Don't tell Sunghoon about it-"

The doorbell ringing made them all freeze. They just looked at each other for a while before Jake went to see who it was, and the sight of Sunghoon standing at the door made him gasp.

"Talk of the devil-" He muttered, rushing back to his room to alarm Jay and Soo Yun. "It's Sunghoon!"

"Shit." Her eyes widened before she pushed Jay. "Move! Jake, we're not here, okay?"

"Okay?" He repeated before closing his bedroom door, and then he went to open the door for Sunghoon.

"Why does it take you ages to open the door?" He said as he walked inside, plopping down on the couch. "You drank wine?"

Jake froze. How did he forget to clean the place?

"Oh, yeah." He said, putting a hand on the back of his neck. "Jay brought me some."

"Wait, wait a minute." Sunghoon frowned as he stood up. "Why is Soo Yun's bag here?"

"O-Oh?" Jake chuckled nervously. "Actually... I drank with Jay and Soo Yun."

"And where are they now?" Raising an eyebrow, Sunghoon folded his arms as he leaned on the couch.

"They're out. They wanted to have some fresh air." He didn't like to lie.

"Soo Yun slept here?"

"...yes." Jake looked away and sighed. "She slept in my room and I slept with Jay here. Don't worry."

"To be honest, I don't worry a lot about Soo Yun if you're around," Sunghoon said, making Jake stare at him in surprise. "You are a good guy, so I just trust you with her."

"I see." Jake nodded.

"But why are you here alone when the two of them are out together?

"What do you mean?" 

"Are you dumb? Don't let them stay together if you want her..." Sunghoon said before clearing his throat.

"What?" Jake frowned, Sunghoon's words confusing him. He wanted her? 

"I see how you stare at her, Jake. People might just think you love her." He scoffed.

You love her.

You love...

You love too much.

"I don't love her." He said coldly. "I will never love her, so don't worry about me. And if you don't like her and Jay being together, then tell him to stop liking her. But that's not my business, Soo Yun isn't even my type. I don't even like her."

The more he spoke, the more he regretted it and the more guilt he felt. But he couldn't let himself love anyone. Not when his love only ended up with him heartbroken and miserable. 

He wasn't ready to love anyone, he just couldn't.

"That's my sister, you asshole." Jake's words kind of hurt. "She might not be your type but she's an amazing and strong woman! If you don't like her then it's fine, another man will and he will make her happy and you? You'll just watch and spend the rest of your life being the lonely dumb coward who's scared of love."

Jake stared at Sunghoon in disbelief as his eyes brimmed with tears. 

How could he say such a thing? 

His room door opened as Soo Yun walked out, struggling to walk with her crutches. Jake's heart dropped when he noticed her slightly red eyes and the tears that formed in them. 

"Soo Yun-" He reached out to help her, but the loud echo of a slap was heard in the place as Jake put a hand on his aching cheek. The pain in his cheek was nothing compared to the pain in his heart. 

"It hurts." She said as a tear slipped down her cheek, and before they knew it, she grabbed her bag and walked out of his house. Jay walked out of Jake's room and glared at him before he went after her, leaving Jake and Sunghoon alone right there.

"You fucking liar," Sunghoon muttered before he turned and left the place, and Jake was alone. 

He sighed heavily as he ran his fingers through his hair. He felt like crying, but there were no tears. He just sat on his couch and closed his eyes.

"It's okay," He muttered. "If I have no one... then I have no one to lose."

But the memory of Soo Yun kissing him and the taste of her strawberry lipstick lingered in his mind. 

And right then, the thought of losing her haunted him.