Chapter 27 - Evangeline's Message

Y/N = Your Name 

E/C = Your Eye color 

F/C = Your Favorite Color

* 3rd Person's P.O.V

In the School's basement, Lindo and Ritsuka watched as Y/N inspected the students who tried to attack them. " Is that Y/N? What happened to her?" Ritsuka asked. Lindo hum as he squinted his eyes at Y/N's new appearance. She had gigantic white wings that were appearing out of her back. Her E/C eyes were now glowing F/C. She was holding a large sword, the cross-guard was in the shape of angel wings, the pommel was a white gemstone, and a strange blue aura that was surrounding it. ' There's something strange about her. She looks so familiar but, I just can't remember' Lindo thought to himself. Before he could question this mysterious woman, " Umm...excuse me, miss. Who are you?" Ritsuka took the lead. " You don't know who I am?" Y/N turned around. Y/N walked towards the confused cousins, " My name is Evangeline. I'm a guardian angel" she replied. " It seems like these humans were being controlled by a demon" Evangeline looks at the unconscious students. She looks at Lindo, " I thank you for your aid, I would've been killed if it weren't for you" Evangeline places a hand on her chest and bowed at him.

" O-Oh, there's no need to be formal. I was just doing my job" Lindo blushed a bit and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Evangeline stood up, " I heard you two have your differences, but you need to be careful with this human" her face turned serious. " She has a habit of throwing herself into trouble, but she doesn't know the dangers of these demons" she added. " Yeah, she's a real handful" Lindo chuckles a bit. " Thank you for protecting us, Evangeline" Ritsuka spoke. " If you want to say thanks than you better say it to your sister" Evangeline replied. Ritsuka hummed in confusion, " She didn't hesitate to leave your side despite being threat by the demons " Evangeline added. Lindo's and Risuka's eyes widen in shock, ' So, she really did mean it ' Lindo thought.

* Flash Back 

Y/N looked out the window to see a lock. " What's wrong?" Ritsuka asked. " Did you do this?" Y/N turned to Lindo. " Did what?" Lindo tilted his head. " Don't lie to me. What are you doing?" Y/N grunted. " I'm sorry, I have to protect you" Lindo sighed. " Please, don't take this wrong. I just want you both to be safe" he added. " I thought we talked about this. I was going to protect Ritsuka" Y/N replied. "What would happen if you were gone? Who's going to protect her then? "Lindo asked.

* End of Flash Back 

Lindo lowers his head in shame, he was speechless. Lindo was curious to hear why you chose to stay with Ritsuka instead of calling for help. Evangeline held her head as she grunted in pain, her sword dropping into the floor. " Evangeline!" Ritsuka and Lindo ran up to Evangeline. Evangeline begins to fall but, Lindo manages to catch her in time. " Evangeline?! What's wrong?" Lindo asked. Evangeline's eyes began to flicker from F/C to E/C. " I'm too weak. I used too much energy on those demons " Evangeline spoke slowly. She looks up to Lindo, " Lindo, listen to me. I don't have much time but, you need to take good care of Y/N " Evangeline places her hand on Lindo's cheek. " She is the only one left to protect the Grimoire" Evangeline added. " Promise me, promise she won't be in any harm" her eyes filled up with tears. " I promise. As an exorcist, I'll do whatever it takes" Lindo replied. " Thank you, Lindo" Evangeline smiles while crying. Evangeline's eyes change from F/C to E/C before passing out.