Chapter 32 - Evangeline's True Identity

Y/N = Your Name 

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

As you slowly opened your eyes, you saw a blurry figure sitting across from you.  When your vision cleared up, the blurry figure transformed into Ritsuka. You slowly spoke " Ritsuka?" Ristuka turned her head at your voice. You noticed she was holding a wet towel. Ritsuka smililed brightly " Y/N, I'm so glad that you're alive." She added as you placed it on your head " You were really injured, so you need to rest." You took a look at yourself; you saw that your limbs were wrapped in bandages. You asked, " What happened?" Ritsuka tilted her head a bit " You don't remember? You were protecting me from those monsters." She added " Your eyes were glowing, you had wings, and you called yourself ' Evangeline'." You grabbed your amulet and took a look at it. You thought ' Well, that's weird. I don't remember a thing and who's Evangeline?' 

Ritsuka chuckled nervously " Anyway, Lindo managed to find us and bring us back home." You looked up at Ritsuka " Lindo?" She replied " Oh, it's okay. Lindo's not mad at us. He was mostly worried about you." She added " Lindo took care of your wounds and I managed to keep any eye on you while he went out." Ritsuka lowered her head " Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask you something." You slowly stood up " What is it?" Ritsuka took a deep breath before speaking " I'm worried about you. A lot of stuff has happened recently, I know it might be difficult to process all that's happened." She added " Your new powers, mom, the student councils. How's it going for you?" You took a deep breath before speaking " It's hard to be honest. I just hope that all of this goes well soon so, we can go back to being a family." Ritsuka chuckles " Yeah, maybe we can go to the park." You asked, " You mean the one we used to go as kids." Ritsuka smiles " Yeah, maybe we can go on the swings. It'll bring back so many memories." You smiled brightly " Alright, that sounds like a deal." 

* Meanwhile (3rd Person's P.O.V)

Lindo was heading towards home; he was carrying two bags of groceries. Lindo had just come back from the grocery store. He strode down the neighborhood as he thought about the events with Y/N and Ritsuka. ' I can't believe they left the house after I told them not to' Lindo thought. 'No matter, I'm just glad they're alright. Anyway, I should hurry up before it gets dark' he sighed. Lindo looks up to the evening sky, he watches a dove fly over his head. Lindo recalled that strange woman, Evangeline, who had previously fought the demons at Shikou Academy. " I feel like I seen her before" he mumbled to himself. Lindo tried to think back, when he believed he saw that strange woman. 

* Flashback 

Twelve years ago, Lindo and his aunt Maria were at the park. Lindo runs up to Maria and smiles at her. Maria chuckles as she pats Lindo's head. Suddenly, their happy interaction was interrupted when the ground suddenly shook. Maria screamed as she held Lindo close. After, "What was that?" Lindo asked. Then, they heard an infant's cry deep within the forest. "There's a baby?" Lindo gasped. He runs towards the sound and his aunt shouted. Lindo breaths heavily as he raced through the forest. He finally begins to hear the infant's cries getting louder and louder. Lindo slowed down to see Evangeline laying on the ground. " Hello? Are you alright?" he runs towards her. " Lindo?!" Lindo hears his aunt coming. He turns around to see his aunt running towards him. His aunt froze as she noticed the wounded angel. 

 " Oh my, w-what happened?" she said. " Here... take her" Evangeline slowly looked at them. She moved her wings to reveal her baby. The infant was crying, " I can't take her. She's your child" Maria looks at the angel." P-Please, you have to...." Evangeline begged. " I don't have much time. I can't take care of her no more" she coughed some blood. Maria hesitated for a moment but walked up to Evangeline and grabbed her baby. Lindo stared at the woman; he had never thought that he would actually see a real-life angel. " I'm sorry my love..." Evangeline looks at her baby once last time as she cried. The angel disappeared; her body slowly vanished into thin air. Maria looked at the whimpering child. " Don't cry, we won't hurt you" she moved a hair out of the baby's face. " Come on Lindo, she's ours now" Maria held the child close before leaving. Lindo nodded as he followed behind, he stopped to take one last look at Evangeline's original place before leaving. 

* End of flashback 

Lindo's eyes widened at the memory, he felt his heart racing and his mind became blank. " Why haven't I noticed this before? It all makes sense now" he mumbled to himself. Lindo quickly began to run home while carrying the bags by his side. He was in a hurry to head home to tell his family about his new discovery.