Chapter 12 - Let there be fire

Y/N = Your Name

F/C = Favorite Color 

* 2nd Person's P.O.V

You were just on the ground; you had an emotionless expression. Rem noticed your wings appeared and said " Y/N?" You blinked and turned to him; Rem asks, " Something wrong?" You got up and said " Nothing." Rem tilted his head " Are you sure? You weren't moving." You sighed as you got up. You looked around " This house...so many memories." You said, " Grandpa knew something about me." You grabbed your amulet " He gave me this when I was younger." You started to sniffle " I just wish I knew what it was." You felt a tear dropping down your cheek. Your wings were widened, Rem pulls you in for a hug and you gasped. Rem said " Don't cry. You'll be fine." You started blushing " Thank you." Your wings disappeared, Rem thought ' Strange. Why did her grandpa tell her about her powers?' You heard Ritsuka said " Guys!" You and Rem ran out of the room, Ritsuka was having trouble opening the door. She said, " I can't open it." Rem said, " They trapped us in." He turns to you " Isn't there a back door in the kitchen?" You nodded " Yeah." You noticed there was smoke in the air, everyone ran to the kitchen and gasped. Ritsuka runs off " I'll get the fire extinguisher." 

You yelled " Ritsuka no!." Ritsuka was about to grab the extinguisher but, a man grabs her hand. He pulls her close, Ritsuka yells " Help!" You felt your amulet glowing. Your eyes turned F/C; Rem looks at you. Your wings appeared and you flew to Ritsuka. You kicked the man's face, and he falls down. You stand in front of Ritsuka and she asked " Y/N? You have wings?" You glared at the man. The man gets up and chuckled evilly " So, this is the Grimoire's guardian?" Ritsuka asks " Grimoire's guardian?" Rem pops behind the man and punches him. He looks at you, you were glowing white. Rem widens his eyes ' I knew it. She isn't human.' He said to you " Get Ritsuka out of here. I'll handle him." You nodded your head, picked up Ritsuka in a bride style, and flew out of the window. You placed Ritsuka on the ground and Your eyes turned back to normal. You fell to your knees while breathing heavily. Your wings disappeared, Ritsuka went up to you " Y/N! What's wrong?" 

* Meanwhile

The man pulls out a lighter and drops it on the ground. The flames go around him and Rem. " You call that a fire?" Rem smirked. 

* Play Music

More and more men entered the kitchen, one of them had a mask on their face. " So we meet again" Rem smirked at him.

Rem sang: " Begone, you vulgar fellows."

He clasped his feet together and rises the fire higher: " Block not the path I tread."

Rem looks at the men around him: " My heart of ice ensures there's no mercy."

He said, " Learn your lesson well."

Rem imagines seeing a puppet version of Y/N with white wings. It was wearing an F/C dress: " Dance in the palm of my hand.

He imagines seeing four marionettes hanging by their strings: " You pitiful little marionettes."

Rem pulls out his hand and closed it. Two of the men disappeared as two puppets burned: " Dance until the hour of your doom."

He imagines seeing the puppet version of Y/N, it flashes from a rose to the puppet: " She is mine!."

Rem imagines seeing hands about to grab the rose: " Keep your filthy hands off her."

He sang: " Hark! My name is Rem Arlond."

Rem jumps over a man. A man tried to grab him but, Rem vanished: " The prince of despair to whom even the darkness grovels!"

He imagines seeing the puppet version of Y/N falling: " Now here's where the game ends."

Rem appears in the air and lands on the ground: " As I declare checkmate."

He sang while reaching a handout, Rem imagines seeing the puppet version of Y/N on the ground:  " And thus the end of the dark-side game.

Rem uses his powers to pins a man against the wall. 

* End of Music

" Darn, he got away" He looks around. " Still no sign of the Grimoire?" Rem looks at the men. The man was shivering, " That's what I thought" Rem smirked. " Checkmate" he turns his back on him. Rem snaps his fingers and the man screamed as he disappeared.