Her life

Aurora

Aurora dropped her groceries onto the kitchen counter and sighed. The journey home on foot tired her and she thought about sitting down but she knew she had to start with dinner.

It was already late, the walk home having delayed her time for dinner. She looked at the old clock hanging on the wall and saw that she had to start dinner right away or she would be eating extremely late.

Greeting her cat with a tired smile she walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner for herself.

Aurora hasn't always been by herself. The time of independence started when she had turned eighteen and she was the appropriate age to leave the orphanage. It was not something she wanted since she truly loved the children who had gotten close to her, as if they were her actual siblings.

Growing up without parents was hard. However it saddened her to see those sweet children grow up without a family. It wasn't fair for them to have to grow up in a place where others are not your actual family. Having to wait and hope for someone to adopt you, giving you that sense of security a family should.

Aurora loved everyone at the orphanage including the ones who kept watch over them. Agatha, the owner of the place was a sweet women who showed each child the same amount of love. She was a well respected women in the orphanage and she passed away when Aurora was sixteen years old, having her life spin around.

Agatha knew about Aurora's condition. She had made sure that Aurora was well under observation and kept a close eye on her, ensuring that she took her medicine on time. Whenever she had an episode, meaning that she felt as if she wanted to pass out, Agatha was by her side.

She was close with Agatha. She treated Aurora like she was her own daughter and she was the closest thing Aurora could call a mother. That happiness however died the moment Agatha's sister had to take over the orphanage since Agatha had passed on.

She remembered how terrible things became ever since Martha, the sister of Agatha, started taking ownership of everything that went on. She was a strict women who forbade almost everything that the kids enjoyed, like the game nights they used to have on Thursdays. It was something everyone looked forward to but it was stripped away because of Martha.

Martha was harsh to every child especially Aurora, since she was the oldest on staying there. She had to do the chores around the building, cleaning every child's room including Martha's. She had to cook for them since Martha claimed that it was a waste of her time and she was too busy to take care of that duty.

Aurora didn't mind. She wanted to do her best to help the children and her cooking skills had developed from there. She started familiarizing herself with cooking and becoming independent since she saw how slim her chances were to get adopted. It was clear that no one wanted to adopt a teenager, since they were a lot of work and took too much time to get used to.

On the day Aurora turned eighteen, Martha had kicked her out. She hadn't even had the decency to allow her to celebrate her birthday and much to Aurora's dismay, she spent it roaming the streets. She remembered how terrible it was as her body shook from the cold and no one even spared her a glance as she tried to look for a place to stay.

She had no money since Martha thought it was not a good idea to give them any pocket money like Agatha had done. She was a horrible women who turned out to be a exact replica of Lauren. The two were as evil as the ruler of hell, showing not an ounce of any human courtesy.

Aurora was grateful with the amount of money she had saved up over years. It was enough to get her away from the place that had bad memories and felt the need to start fresh. She took a bus to another city, as far away as she could from the woman who had kicked her out.