Like a daddy

Aurora

Cordelia and Aurora stayed out of the way while the men conversed in Matteo's father's office. For some reason, Aurora suspected that Matteo was reluctant to let her out of his sight when Cordelia wanted her to be in her room. It was most certainly the fear of something happening to her and he couldn't let her be unprotected.

The entire time while the men stayed in the office, Cordelia showed her around the house. They also ate some food, which was made by their personal chef, André. Aurora appreciated anyone who could cook a decent meal and took a liking towards André. He was like a sweet father figure in her eyes, and she wished that Matteo's father could be a bit like him.

She didn't see much of him during her stay at their house. She only caught a glimpse of him when they said their goodbyes after their meeting was finished. There was a cold glint in his eyes when they met Aurora's frightened ones. Whenever he would glance her way, it caused cold shivers to crawl down her spine from the raw hatred and disgust his gaze held.

She made the most of her short stay at Cordelia's home because she knew it would be quite a while until she saw her again. It would was a bit difficult for her to bid her goodbye but it was getting late and they had to drive a bit far back home. She even thanked André for the delicious meal he prepared for them but when she tried greeting Matteo's father, his hawk like eyes stopped her in her tracks.

"T-thank you for having us." she bowed, and scurried out of the house.

Matteo had dropped of his friends at their individual homes. She wasn't surprised when she saw that the men had lived very near to each other, knowing that they were very close friends. The drive home from Reggie's house, the last person they have dropped, was a quick five minute drive.

They were both hungry when they entered the house since it was around dinner time.

Aurora's body swayed to the side when a sudden jolt of pain had struck her through the head. She gasped at the sudden intrusion of the headache pulsating through her head, causing a slight ache above her eyes.

It was a common thing for her to have these headaches considering her condition, but it was always painful like the last. The sluggish movement of her body caught his attention as he turned to look at her with concern swirling in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Aurora smiled weakly at him. Even though her body felt like there was not an ounce of strength in it, she mustered enough energy to persuade him that she was okay. However, before she could lie to him to not have him worry, the moment she opened her mouth her legs gave out.

Her body toppled to the front, and she nearly hit the ground beneath her. Before she could fall face first onto the floor, Matteo had already rushed to her side and caught her body. Her body was deprived of any energy and she fell like a rag doll in his arms.

"Merda."
(shit)

"I'm so-"

Matteo sighed. "Let's get you upstairs." he said cutting her off.

With his one arm supporting her back, he used the other arm to scoop the back of her knees up and held her bridal style. She yelped at the sudden lift and her frail arms immediately wrapped around his neck.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked in surprise.

"Taking you up the stairs." he replied in a sort of "duh" tone.

"I can walk."

"Not in this state."

"Am I not heavy for you?" she asked shyly.