Trespassing

Matteo

"M-Matteo. Matteo help."

His body froze at the quivering of her voice and the urgency her words held in them.

"Aurora? What's going on?" he asked in a hurry.

She sniffled over the phone. "I don't know. I w-was baking cupcakes and t-there were voices outside and I got so scared."

"Voices?"

"Mhm. P-please come home." she cried.

"I'll be there soon, okay? Are you safe?"

The sudden abruptness of Matteo getting up from his seat startled the two men who continued to eat in front of him. They both has a questionable look on their faces but Matteo continued to throw a few dollars onto the table.

"I am safe. T-the voices seemed to disappear."

With a nod of his head, he signaled the two men to follow him and they both realized that there was an urgent matter at hand. He stormed out of the restaurant not caring that he had just thrown open the door, as his only goal was to get home to Aurora.

"Stay where you are and do not move until I get home. Can you do that for me, baby?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'll see you soon."

"O-okay." she said before hanging up the phone.

Matteo threw his phone on the passenger seat and with a swift movement, the car maneuvered out of the parking lot and he sped off. Reggie groaned as his back hit against the backseat of the car from how fast Matteo was driving.

"What the fuck is going on?" he yelled at Matteo, rubbing his lower back.

Matteo's hands tightened against the steering wheel as he thought about anybody trespassing in his home. Especially when Aurora was the one who was left alone in his house.

"Someone was on my property. Aurora called to inform me about it."

"How is that possible? You should have gotten a notification if that happened." Vincent said.

Matteo could care less about whether someone broke in or even stole whatever was in his house. It was true what Vincent said, that Matteo should have gotten a message on his phone from his security system that there was a break in but oddly enough he didn't receive one.

The only thing that mattered to him and what was troubling him was the chilling fact that Aurora could have been harmed. He had left her alone at home with no one to look after her and even though he had many enemies he was aware of, he still decided to continue with leaving her alone.

His foot unconsciously stepped harder onto the gas and the car sped even further down the road. He ignored the scoldings of his friend in the backseat of the car as his only motive was to make sure that not a single scratch was found anywhere on Aurora. He needed to know that she was safe and get the bastards who stepped foot onto his property.

It was less than five minutes when his house came into view. The gates opened for him and while he drove into his driveway, his eyes roamed the area to check if there was anyone lurking amongst the bushes or anywhere in particular. There were no signs of anyone being there.

He shut the car off and jumped out of his car. He took out his keys from his pocket and opened up the front door. Reggie and Vincent disappeared to scout the area and make sure that everything was secured.

"Aurora!" he yelled the second he entered the house.

You like her. Vincent's words echoed at the back of his head.