Surprise update

Aurora

It's been two years since her surgery.

Aurora and Matteo's relationship strengthened over the course of the two years and nothing had ever come between them again. She was pleased to know that Cordelia had suffered no injury during the surgery but was a bit disheartened to know that they had hidden this from her. However, she could not stay mad because of them she was able to be cured.

Over this period of time, Matteo had flown her to different countries and she was able to experience the cultures in these countries. She brought Kitty with and at time she would run away from Matteo which caused him to scold her in public. The two would explore the different options of food from street food to exceptional cuisines.

This time, Matteo had brought her to a beautiful city in Italy. This was the country he was born in and she was delighted to see the country where he was from and what they could do here. They have been in Italy for about three days now and she was already in love with the country. They had the most delicious food that she ever had and the city was alive during the night as people walked around and chatted amongst themselves, and the city lights decorated the place.

They were now on a cruise ship, just the two of them. She stood at the dock and watched the seals follow the boat and she giggled. They were so adorable as they swam amongst each other.

She felt his arms go around her body and laced their fingers together as they hold the railing. He placed a kiss on her shoulder and together they watched the view from the dock.

"Everything is so beautiful here. I want to stay here forever." she say as if she was in a daze from just looking at the ocean and the seagulls flocking together.

"I will make every dream of yours happen. You want to stay in Italy? We will stay here." he says to her, the vibrations of his throat on her shoulder coursing through her skin.

She turns her head to him. "Really?"

He hums and kisses her neck softly. "I will do anything for you." he whispers against her neck.

She smiles and says, "I would like to stay here. The people, the food, the music...it's beautiful."

"Then we will stay, baby." he says to her.

Her head was in a turmoil trying to accept the fact that it was so easy for him to allow them to stay in this country. She was so happy to hear that she would live here with him in such an amazing country, his homeland.

"What about your family?" she asks him.

He sighs and nuzzles his face deeper into the crook of her neck. "They will be fine. We have more than enough money for them to visit us if they want." he says.

She chuckles softly as silence falls upon them. The two bask in the satisfaction of watching the water and seeing the different sea animals.

The next evening, a note was placed on their bedside table for her to put on the dress he got for her. It was a long red dress the flows to her feet, tight at the waist and a bit sunken in at the chest area. She felt bold and confident in the dress as she stared in the mirror and she fluffed out her hair, tucking the left side behind her hair and the right side flows over her chest.

A butler on the ship then leads her to a room on the ship and when he opens the door, she notices a few men standing to the side as they play the violin. She smiles at them as she walks past them, enjoying the sound of them playing the violin so elegantly. Matteo was standing before her and he smiles down at her and offers his hand.