Welcome home

Aurora

"Stay with me."

Aurora froze when she heard that. Did she hear that right or was her ears just not working anymore?

"W-what?" she mumbled, moving her head away from his chest.

He wasn't staring at her and when she looked in his eyes, she saw his brows were dipped and he had a small frown on his face. If seemed as if he was confused, but why? It must have been such a foreign thing for him to say something like that to her, as if the words slipped out of his mouth.

"Come live with me." he said. He was looking in her eyes now, those dark eyes staring hard into hers.

"But why?"

He made a confused face as if not understanding her question.

"W-why would you want me to move in with you?" she whispered, looking down at the fabric of his shirt.

She hadn't even known this man that long and they were practically strangers. All she knew about him was his name and that he was a very scary man, but other than that she knew nothing about him.

It was shocking to hear him ask this. Matteo didn't look like a generous man and seemed to not care about anyone or their situation.

"You can't live in a dump like this and if you leave, you have nowhere else to go."

His words were harsh but it was the truth.

"Let me help you." he whispered in her ear.

Aurora thought all of this was just a dream. There was no way a man like Matteo would ever offer her a place to stay not make her want to be by his side all the time. There was a need in her, deep within her that started to ache as they spent more time together. A need for something, just something and it was Matteo.

A man who could make a woman wobble at the sight of him, his dark and alluring aura that casted a spell on her to forever want him closer. He was a man of few words and of no emotion, but she would be lying if she said it wasn't the most attractive thing about him.

Why would he want to help her? A girl like her didn't deserve any act of kindness and she already felt like a bother for having his sister take her out for shopping. It was bad enough that Aunt Jocelyne had to provide her with a place to stay, and now she had to depend on Matteo like she did that time. However, it was different this time.

It was different because she felt different with him.

"I don't w-want to burden you." she said as tears formed in her eyes.

Why she was crying, she did not know. It was maybe because of his generosity that was shocking to her.

Warm fingers burnt against the coldness of her pale skin, as they tilted her chin up to have her glazed eyes meet his. She nearly gasped when their eyes met, never knowing that he was one to have his masked expression crack. The deeper he stared into her eyes, the more she could see the softness in his eyes.

The tenderness in his gaze as he looked at her made her heart flitter with the sheer intensity it produced.

"You are not being a burden." he said softly.

"Then why?"

His thumb grazed the side of her face. "For you."

"Me?" What did he mean by that?

He gave her one last look before he let go of her face. Her body felt even more cold when he stepped away from her, missing the heat that radiated from his body. She felt disappointed that he moved away from her as if he realized that she revolted him and he didn't want to touch her.