Disobedience

Aurora

Aurora woke up to the feeling of something warm wrapped around her stomach. She stretched to ease her limbs of the tension in them and turned around, groaning. Her eyes widened in surprise to see Matteo's face only a few centimeters away from hers.

She backed away in fright but the realization that she had fallen asleep in his bed put her mind at ease. Matteo was still asleep and she was not used to seeing his peaceful face, only knowing the stoic expression he always had. He was sleeping and even during his sleep, he was still a very beautiful person.

How does someone look beautiful even when sleeping?

A small smile slowly crept onto her face as she grazed the side of his face lightly. He looked harmless as he slept, void of any negative feeling or expression plastered on his face. She slid her fingers down to his lips that were slightly parted, gently rubbing the corner of his mouth.

She gulped as she thought about how badly she wanted to lean over, just a few inches for her lips to touch his. She wanted to know how they would feel against hers, how it would feel to be kissed for the first time in her life. She wondered if his lips were soft as she stared intently at them not knowing that they were moving from the dream state she was in.

"Do you like my lips?"

She jumped away from him, startled that she had been caught watching him and touching his face like a creepy person.

"G-good morning." she stuttered as she hid her blushing face under the blanket.

She lowered the blanket to take a look at him when she heard his low chuckle.

"Morning, agnellino. Sleep well?" he asked.

Her insides were melting at the sound of his voice. He was right next to her so he spoke a bit softer, but the grogginess in his voice was what made it even more attractive.

"Mhm." she answered. "I'm sorry for falling asleep in your bed."

"It's fine. Besides-" she yelped as he tightened his grip around her waist and pulled her flush against his body. "I might like having you in my bed."

He nuzzled his face deeper into her neck, meeting the surface of her now very hot flesh. The tip of his nose brushing against her nape made it tickle and she let out a small giggle, with her cheeks set ablaze.

"Matteo?"

"Hmm."

"When were you going to tell me about your birthday?"

He looked up from his laptop and she refused to make eye contact with him. She swung her feet back and forth as she awaited his response.

He sighed. "Cordelia, hmm?"

She gave him a nod.

"I didn't think it was that important." he replied, going back to type on his laptop.

Her mouth hung open in shock. "Of course it is important. It's your birthday, Matteo."

"It never mattered to me. It was just another day on the calendar."

"But you're supposed to celebrate your birthday. It's a day to celebrate your birth. Cordelia said that she throws you a party every year, she must be doing that this year as well."

He sighed. "I never said she needed to do that for me."

Aurora looked at him confused. "Of course she would, she is your sister. She only wants to make your day special out of love."