Your words, hurt

Aurora

There was whispering going on.

She didn't know where it came from but she grumbled to herself and pushed herself against his body. The whispers had turned into a squeal, followed by a bit of loud whispering. She couldn't make out what the hushed conversation was about but she found it a bit annoying.

She felt Matteo move next to her. "What the fuck is going on here?"

She heard the whispering stop and someone cleared their throat. "Rise and shine, Mr Bossman."

Reggie?

"This was just too cute. I mean she slept on you like a little kitten and it was just so adorable." she heard Cordelia say with excitement in her voice.

"Get out, both of you."

They whined. "I need a picture for my Instagram. The fans need to know if Marora became a thing."

"Marora? Seriously?" Cordelia asked.

"What? It's a cool ship name made up by yours truly."

"Get out." Matteo said to them.

Aurora smiled to herself before she felt herself fall back asleep.

She had joined them later in the morning after she had freshen up. There were a lot of questions that demanded answers from Aurora and she felt like she wanted to disappear. Reggie was adamant on knowing what exactly happened on the night of Matteo's birthday and it was clear that Matteo was irritated at their constant questioning.

"So, when is the wedding?" Reggie asked casually.

Aurora giggled at his silliness and Matteo deeply sighed.

"You idiot." said Cordelia. "They just started dating and it is way too early for that."

"Well you better get a move on. I want a nephew who will be as strong and handsome as me."

Aurora blushed and Cordelia rolled her eyes, as well as her brother. "If they do have a child, it will most likely be a girl. I want to take my niece shopping and we can gossip about boys."

"That child will be miserable." Reggie said.

Cordelia pinched his side. "What the hell, woman."

"She will only be miserable because she has an uncle who looks like a rat with rabies."

Reggie gasped and the two began arguing amongst themselves. Aurora was truly captivated by how an argument started by something so silly as them having children. Aurora looked over to Matteo and she saw him staring at the two with a look of boredom and she inwardly smiled at that look he gave.

"So, Aurora. Tell me about how Mr bossman asked you to be his lady. I honestly can't imagine it so I need a full description on how it went down." Reggie asked as he moved a bit closer to the edge of his seat.

Aurora felt her heart sink. Her lips twitched to move into a frown.

She looked at Cordelia who sipped on her coffee as she looked away to the side. Cordelia knew that Matteo and her were not a couple but it felt awkward to let Reggie know in front of everyone that they were in fact not dating. He seemed so excited to hear the news, news that was not true and the truth was going to be a bit too hard to say.

"Uhm." she stuttered, looking anywhere but at Reggie.

"She's not my girlfriend."

If it were even possible, she felt her chest hurt with an immense amount of pain from what she had heard. It did not appeal to her that words could ever affect someone that much that it would cause physical damage to the person. The words were so blunt, so carelessly told in a way that had her eyes brim with tears.