5 || THE TRUTH

CARRY ON
"Boo!"

"WHEN I SAID WHO WANTS to go first, I didn't mean me." Riley told his friends who just chuckled. The group had decided to enter the building and had voted for the Blood boy to go first which he did not appreciate.

Riley slowly squeaked the door open and shone his flashlight across the inside. "Hello?" The boy called out but didn't get a response.

The group followed the Blood boy through the door and began searching the place in case the boy just so happened to be hiding.

"What a dump." Steve commented making Riley chuckle. "I bet he's here and heard that."

"Yo-ho, Eddie. Come out, come out." The boy whistled as he continued looking around the place.

The group continued looking around the place but Riley's attention was quickly turned to Steve when he heard the cluttering of wood.

The Harrington boy had taken an oar which was sat on the wall and began hitting it against the tarp which covered the boat. Dustin jumped at the sound and turned to face the boy with a confused look, "What are you doing?"

"What the fuck are you doing?" Riley asked this time as he moved closer to the two boys. "He might be in here." Steve simply replied.

"Yeah, and you think an oar is gonna make him come out?" Riley asked, raising his eyebrows at the boy. "Just take the tarp off." Dustin told him.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve raised his voice at the younger boy. "What, scared he's gonna jump out on you?" The Blood boy asked the boy making him pull a sarcastic look.

"Boo!" Riley yelled as he touched the boy's shoulder making him jump and let out a small yelp. Dustin began laughing at the boy's reaction, earning a small smack on the head from Steve. "Don't scare me like that, man." Steve told the boy, putting a hand over his thumping heart.

Riley just chuckled and watched the boy go back to hitting the tarp with his oar.

"What are you planning to achieve by doing this, might I ask?" Riley asked, scratching the back of his head. "No, you may not ask." Steve told him.

"Can I?" Dustin then questioned making the Harrington boy roll his eyes. "Definitely not."

"Maybe he got spooked and ran." Riley heard Robin say to Max, as did Steve and Dustin. "Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin told them sarcastically.

"Beware, Steve and his deadly weapon, his oar." Riley spoke in an odd tone making the group turn and look at him weirdly.

"What?" The Blood boy innocently asked.

"I know you two think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight—" The boy had been cut off by a figure jumping out on the Steve and pushing him back against the wall, alarming the others.

"Woah!" Riley yelled as he accidentally fell back into Dustin. "Wait, wait, wait, wait!" Steve yelled at the figure who had slammed him against the wall.

It was Eddie, and he was currently holding a piece of broken glass to the boy's neck.

"Woah, Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!" The dark curly-headed boy yelled, stopping him from moving the glass any closer to Steve's neck.