6 || THE STAY

CARRY ON
"Maybe I am."

RILEY KICKED THE DOOR of the place Eddie was currently hiding open making him hear a very loud 'Jesus!' from the Munson boy.

The group of friends decided that it was best for Eddie to continue hiding and therefore, they had brought the boy some food and drinks.

"Delivery service." Dustin told the boy cheerfully with a small smile. "Yeah, we got you some nice shit, so, be grateful." Riley told him, carrying one of the bags over to him.

"Don't absolutely devour it like you always do, okay?" The Blood boy instructed him, making him scoff. "I don't devour shit, man."

"Yeah, let's see about that." He chuckled before Eddie went through the bag and pulled out some cereal before sitting down and opening it.

"So, uh, we got some good news and bad news." Dustin told the boy who was currently devouring the cereal, just like Riley said. "How do you prefer it?" The Henderson boy asked.

"Bad news first, always." Responded Eddie, Riley nodding his head in agreement. "All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." Dustin informed the boy making him let out a small sigh.

"Also, they're uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Riley added, Max nodding her head. "Like 100% kind of convinced."

"And the good news?" The long-haired boy asked with an awkward smile, "Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin announced with a hint of joy in her tone to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, but if we found out about you, well, I didn't really, but it's only a matter of time before they do, so, yeah." Riley gave the boy a forced smile as he nodded his head.

"And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin added on making him sigh. "Hunt the freak, right?"

"Exactly." Robin responded.

"So, before that happens, we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin told him making Eddie look at him dumbfounded. "That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." He shrugged, Eddie shaking his head at the boy's attitude and plan.

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a few times, and I have once. Mine was more human flesh-based, theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this." Robin rambled on to the boy who looked very lost and very confused.

"I don't." Riley followed what Robin had said making her furrow her brows. "It's a shit plan. It wouldn't be so shit, however, if we had El. But we don't, do we? And nor does she even have her powers."

"Who's El?" Eddie asked, due to not hearing that name ever.

"She's this girl we rely on who has these superpowers. And like Riley said, uh, her powers went bye-bye, so..." Steve trailed off with a slight nod of his head.

"So we're technically in more of the—" The Buckley women tried to look for the word.

"Brainstorming phase." Max finished off her sentence making her nod.

"Brainstorming." Steve repeated back to Eddie with a click of his fingers.

"There's nothing to worry about." Dustin spluttered out making the rest of the group smile towards Eddie, minus Riley.

"There definitely is, but, okay." The Blood boy nodded his head awkwardly with a forced smile.

Sirens were then heard from in the distance, Eddie instantly going under the tarp like he originally was. "Shit, shit, shit." Riley breathed out as the rest of the group rushed towards the windows and looked out.

Police cars and ambulances had filled the roads as they quickly rushed past the building making the others furrow their brows.

"Yo, Eddie? We've gotta go, man." Steve yelled out, heading towards the door before stopping. "Someone's gotta stay behind in case anything happens."

Everyone turned to look at Riley who wasn't even paying attention but once he felt all eyes on him, he turned his head up with furrowed brows.

"What?"

Eddie lifted himself out of the boat and was met with Riley who was still standing at the door but the only difference was that it was now closed.

"What? Am I that bad?" Eddie chuckled making Riley turn around and face him. "The fucking worst."

Riley moved over to the Munson boy who now sat down on the ground beside the boat. "So, you guys have done this before?" Eddie questioned.

"Yeah, yeah, we have. Just not exactly this, you know?" Riley told the boy, making him nod. "So, there was no mall fire, I'm assuming." The long-haired boy guessed, Riley sighing before nodding.

"Yeah, uh, that was no mall fire." He chuckled, now fiddling with the special ring that sat on his finger.

Eddie placed his hand, gently, onto the boy's shoulder in a comfort matter with a sad smile.
"What happened?"

Riley hesitated which Eddie quickly notice making him let out an awkward chuckle. "You don't have to talk about it."

"No, no, it's just, uh, I want to talk about it." Riley stuttered as he fidgeted even more with his ring.

So that's what he did. He talked about it. Riley wasn't one to open up much or even show much emotion but when it came to Eddie, he didn't care.

"You know, I never thought that Riley Blood would be chasing around monsters in his free time." Eddie chuckled a few minutes after the boy had finished talking.

Riley chuckled and turned his head to the boy, "Expect the unexpected, I guess."

"And I thought I knew everything about you." Eddie sighed with a small smile. "Well, I still know everything about you."

"Oh yeah, like what?" Eddie raised his brows at the boy, making him smirk. "Like what you use those handcuffs for in your room."

Eddie opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out and he just looked at the boy in shock. "That's not what I meant." Eddie finally said making Riley laugh.

"Maybe you should specify." Riley shrugged innocently causing Eddie to slap the back of his head lightly.

"You're just jealous I don't use them on you." The Munson boy joked making Riley raise his brows with a smirk. "Maybe I am."

The two boys stared at each other for a few seconds until suddenly, the door busted open.

alex speaks

we need a ship name for riley and eddie. also riley flirting a bit with eddit at the end🤭

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1123