10 || THE RESEARCH

CARRY ON
"Hey, my great grandfather is called Victor."

IT WAS NOW THE NEXT DAY, almost the full group, excluding Nancy and Robin, were all gathered around in the basement of the Wheeler household.

Apparently, Nancy and Robin had found some information about Vecna which dated back many years ago. The four boys were all swarmed around, and were reading the information the girls had found. However, Max was currently sitting on the other side of the room, writing something. But the boys didn't know what.

Riley sat on the ground and scratched the top of his head, not having a clue what the article was talking about.

"Okay, uh, be honest...You guys understand any of this?" Steve asked as he paced around the room in front of the boys.

"No." Lucas immediately responded, his eyes glued to the nonsense of an article in front of him.

"Why don't you ask my D in English?" Riley asked sarcastically as he threw the article down on the floor, fed up with having to read it.

"Pretty straightforward." Dustin shrugged making Steve scoff. "Oh, pretty straightforward, really?"

"Yeah, of course, you find it fucking straightforward." Riley mumbled under his breath, although the Henderson boy did hear it.

"What's confusing to you?" Dustin asked before speaking again, not giving them time to respond. "So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found."

"Hey, my great grandfather is called Victor." Riley stated, making all eyes turn to him. "He died of a heart attack." The Blood boy then said, making Steve's eyes widen.

"How fun." The Harrington boy told him, sarcastically. "Not for him." Riley told the brunette before turning back to the conversation.

"Um, ignoring that...He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him." Dustin informed the group who all stared at him blankly.

"Yeah, that's assuming he was cursed, which we don't even know." Steve reminded him, making the boy sigh as he forgot about that part.

"How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense." Steve rubbed his forehead, trying to understand the situation.

"Maybe he didn't exist as Vecna back then, but something else." Riley suggested with a shrug of his shoulders as Steve scoffed at his response.

"What? So he was an ordinary person, or something?" He asked sarcastically making Riley nod his head. "Well, yeah."

"As far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it. The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs." Dustin asked, Steve and Riley looking at the boy in disbelief.

"Why the fuck are you bringing dinosaurs into this?" Riley asked, now laying down on the floor.

"Dinosaurs? What are we—" Steve began speaking, but got cut off by another voice.

"Okay. But if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas questioned the group, Steve nodding his head at the boy. "How's he getting through now?"

"And why now?" The Sinclair boy asked, making Dustin roll his eyes at the two. "And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, 'I'm good.' And poof, he just disappears. Just...gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing random teens? No, I don't buy it." Steve finally finished, Riley sighing as he did.

"As I said, maybe he was a human. And maybe it wasn't just any family." Riley told him, making him scoff before turning back to Dustin.

"Straightforward, my ass. Honestly, Henderson, a little humility now and then, it wouldn't hurt you." Steve told the younger boy making him roll his eyes. "Sorry."

"You're only saying that because he's smarter than you at fifteen." Riley told the boy with a laugh before going back to the article and trying to understand it.

"Any idea what she's writing?" Dustin asked, Riley's eyes now going to the boy who was currently looking at Max.

The three boys all followed his gaze, and stared at the back of the redhead. "Did she sleep?" The boy then asked.

"I mean, would you?" Lucas asked the boy, who didn't reply and continued looking at the girl.

Riley slightly jumped at the sound of the basement door opening. Footsteps were heard coming down the stairs which revealed the two missing girls. Robin and Nancy who were holding files.

"Okay, so we have a plan." Nancy told the group with a huge grin which Robin also held on her face.

The girls gave both Riley and Steve their files which they had, Riley had gotten Robin's and Steve had gotten Nancy's which he had to share with the two other boys.

"Thanks to Nancy's minions, we are now rock-star psychology students at the University of Notre Dame." Robin explained to the group who flipped through the files.

"I'm now Ruth." Nancy told them with a nod. "And I'm Rose." Robin said.

"Ruth?" Steve questioned the name choice at the same time Riley chuckled. "What kind of names are Ruth and Rose?"

"Nice GPA." Dustin complemented the Wheeler girl who apparently had a pretty good GPA. "Thanks."

"We called Pennhurst Asylum, told them we'd like to speak with Victor Creel for a thesis we're co-writing on paranoid schizophrenics." Nancy explained to the boys who all listened.

"To which they said no." Robin said, a bit of disappointment in her voice. "But we landed a three o'clock with the director." Nancy told them some good news.

"So now all we have to do is charm him and convince him to let us talk to Victor."

"And then maybe we can rid Max of this curse." Nancy said, making Riley nod. "Please, hurry up with that." The boy mumbled to himself, remembering how Max is not the only cursed one in the room.

"About that. We've been doing our Victor Creel homework, and, uh...we got some questions." The Harrington boy told the girls, to which Lucas nodded his head in agreement.

"Lots of questions."

"So do we." Nancy told them before sighing and continuing what she was saying, "Hopefully, Victor has the answers."

"And if he doesn't?" Riley asked with raised brows at the brunette girl. "Well, we're screwed." She replied with, looking over at the ginger who had not done anything but write the entire time.

"Wait...Wait...Wait a second. Uh...Where's mine?" Steve asked the two girls who just looked at each other before turning back and facing the boy with a forced smile.

alex speaks

the amount of breaks i had to take writing this because of the heat the england is dealing with right now💀

please vote and comment!!
word count: 1139