33 || THE L WORD

CARRY ON
VOL 2

"I love you, too."

THE TWO BOYFRIENDS sat away from their group of friends as they hammered nails into trash can lids so they could later use them as a shield.

"If I see that motherfucker, he is a goner." Riley spoke to Eddie as he hammered yet another nail into his handmade shield.

"Oh really? He probably thinks your just some lame teenage boy who needs to control his obsession with Queen." Eddie chuckled at himself but it only made the Blood boy stop and look at him.

"You've got nobody laughing but yourself." Riley scoffed before the two went back to doing their own thing.

A few seconds had passed by before Eddie decided to pipe up again. Turning his whole body, he came face to face with Riley.

"Did you really mean it?" The Munson boy asked with soft eyes but it only made Riley furrow his brows and chuckled. "Mean what?"

"Do you love me?"

Riley froze in his spot before looking up at his lover and biting his lip as he shrugged. "Would it be a bad thing?"

"I love you." Eddie quickly rushed out which made a small smile form on the Blood boy's face. "Really?"

"Really."

"I love you, too."

With that statement, the two leaned in to kiss each other softly. Riley placed his hand on the back of Eddie's lips as he smiled into the kiss.

"Seriously guys? C'mon." Dustin yelled in annoyance as he made his way over to his two friends.

"You guys are the only couple I tolerate, don't mess that up." Dustin warned the two as he threw down a trash can lid and a hammer.

"Aw, we're the only couple you like? That is so sweet, Dusty." Riley spoke in a high-pitched voice as if he were talking to a dog.

Dustin gave the boy a sarcastic smile before the trio went back to silence, focusing on hammering nails into the lids.

A few minutes had flown by as the three finished their shields. Eddie stood up quickly, now pretending he was fighting off a creature.

"How does it feel?" Dustin asked as he watched his best friend punch the lid into the sky. "Durable. Deadly. But reliable." He finished as he lowered the shield which made the other two boys chuckle slightly.

"Hear me now." Eddie spoke dramatically as he put on a fake croaky voice. "There will be no more retreating...from Eddie the Banished."

"Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle." Dustin joked as both he and Riley stood up from their spots.

The two lovers glanced at each other, both holding unamused faces, before looking at Dustin who chuckled at his own joke.

"You get it?" Dustin asked the two as they said nothing. "Bat-tle. B-A-T."

"Yeah, no, we get it.." Riley trailed off with an awkward look. "It was just shit."