. 4 the bahrain grand prix

Happier then ever - Edit
Billie Eilish

Armed with her phone, Meadow makes her way to the grandstands for the start of the second race of the season. This particular sunday, she's filming a tiktok capturing the race from different 'pov's'. Olive, the lucky bastard, has the weekend off. Meaning Meadow has to make the video on her own. Olive still came with them though, to watch the race and hangout with them.

The idea for this tiktok was actually Meadow's own. The marketing team loved it when she pitched it to them. Lately, Red Bull's been trying to connect with the fans more, and they thought this video worked really well for that.

And that's how she ended up at the top row of the Bahrain grandstand. From up here, she can see the 20 cars making their way back to the finish line after the formation lap. Right on time.

Meadow's phone is recording as the red lights go on, one by one. And then they go out and the cars race down the circuit. Max and Checo both had a brilliant start, leaving a massive gap between them and the rest of the grid. She can already imagine the cheering down in the garage.

But as the team's boys extend their lead, Meadow has her own job to do. She sprints back down the gigantic staircase to film at her next location. For this shot, she's going to the VIP area above the pitlane. The rich people's view

-

For the next forty minutes, Meadow's going back and forth around the track, filming all the clips she needs. The grid is driving their 30th lap when Meadow enters the media pen. Somewhere through the race, she decided to film the tiktok form every possible spectator's view. She's filmed from the garage, the photographer's area, and now lastly from the media circle.

She's surprised when, at her arrival, the pen isn't empty. Throughout the race, the only people around here usually are just the interviewers. Obviously, the drivers are busy. Except when, of course, they DNF.

Meadow's eyes lock onto the brunette curls that belong to her least favourite person in the paddock. When he turns around to leave the circle, she notices his cold blue eyes.

"Hi Lando!", she says in a cheerful tone, determined to be the bigger person.

But she should have known better. Because all he does is roll his eyes and push past her on his way out.

-

"Can you believe his attitude? Why is he so arrogant when I'm just trying to be nice?"

"It's night now, the race is over. Meadow and Olive sat down in the hotel bar to share some drinks. She's trying to blow off some steam from the day to her friend. After Meadow posted the tiktok earlier this evening, Ruby's comment-replying duties began. Hence why it's just the two of them for now.

"Meads, I've told you already. Lando is not what the fans believe him to be. He only cares about himself. He's never been anything but mean to me and Ruby. And the fact that he purposely ignored you for the second time already shows enough of his character."

"But aren't we judging him too harsh? Yeah, he's proven himself to be a jerk. But I've only ever ran into him twice." All day long, Meadow's been going over her encounter with the McLaren boy in her mind.

She just doesn't seem to understand why Olive and Ruby claim to hate him that much. The image of him they painted her doesn't add up to all the stories of her friends back home. Most of them are massive Lando fans and they like him a lot. So there's just no way he could be this different in person, right?

Grabbing her attention back, Olive speaks again. "Meads, just believe me when I say it; give up on that Norris boy. He's not even going to acknowledge your existence, unless you're a model or someone really important in the paddock."

Meadow sighs once more, still not really wanting to believe Olive. But then again, her friend has been around here for longer, so she must have a point.

In a desperate attempt to steer the conversation away from the topic, Olive begins about the race again. The duo feels very sorry for Checo, who had to retire five laps before the checkered flag due to an engine failure. Otherwise it would've been the team's first one-two this year, for sure. Not today though, because Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc finished on the second step of the podium.

-

"Good evening to my favourite Dutchie!" In the hallway back to her room, Meadow runs into the other McLaren driver, Daniel. He's her favourite out of the two, obviously.

"Hello, my favourite Aussie! Don't let Max hear that!"

"Don't worry, he will never find out!"

As if on cue, Max walks around the corner. Raising his eyebrows, he says: "Don't let Max hear what?"

Meadow starts laughing uncontrollably as Daniel's grin drops. "Daniel here just called me his favourite Dutchie." She loses it even more when Max pretends to attack Daniel. Never a dull moment with these two, that's for sure.

-

The duo dragged her into Daniel's room with them. Apparently, they were going to play FIFA there anyways. That's something Meadow will never understand the fun of. But she has nothing to worry about, because they're just talking and drinking some sort of expensive champagne. Perks of being friends with Formula One drivers, she guesses.

"Meads, what's wrong? Something's bugging you tonight?" Danny Ric, caring as ever. He's quickly become one of her favourite persons around the paddock and she's so thankful for his lovely company.

"No, it's nothing really."

"So that means there is something.", Max adds. The Aussie nods and gives her an encouraging look.

"It's just, Lando was so rude to me today and I guess it kind of put me off. But like I said, it's nothing." The guys look at each other after her confession and share a surprised look.

"Meads I'm sure it was just because he was upset about his DNF." "Yeah, it was probably just an accident, I don't think he meant to be rude to you."

"I know guys, thank you." The guys give Meadow a hug before they decide to call it a night and everyone makes their way back to their own rooms. What a day this was. 

-

This was a short chapter, sorry guys! It'll be a few more chapters of getting into the story but I promise they're getting longer and longer!

So, what did you guys think of the race in Monaco? I was so excited that estie bestie was on the podium aaa!!! And happy that lando was in the points and max won ofc :)

See you soon!!!

All the love, amber