. 12 the red bull ring

Hot N Cold
Katy Perry

After the past two weeks, Meadow's in desperate need for a break. After Silverstone, she busted her ass of at the factory to get a head start on her work. Thankfully, that made Christian approve her request to take a few days off, before they're headed to Austria. The weekend is going to be a special one, because the Red Bull Ring is obviously their home race.

This has all lead to her waiting in the car, at a gas station just outside London. Her two best friends are inside, paying for the gas and loading up on snacks. It was actually their idea to drive to Austria, in stead of flying out. They're turning it into a mini-roadtrip, and she couldn't be more excited.

She still hasn't told them about the kiss. Despite that, her friends did notice that she needed to get away from everything for a minute, so they suggested the trip. She did eventually end up telling them about her fight with Lando, though she spared them the details on the subject of the fight.

They responded as usual, telling her Lando's a dick and that she should stay far away from him. In all fairness though, he came to her this time. And last time, in Baku. 

After she bolted from the party last week, they spammed her phone, demanding answers. She didn't feel like telling them, so she made up a lie that she was tired. When obviously, the real truth was that she left with Max, after his fight with Lando.

They went to his hotel room, to talk about what happened. After some prying from her side, he caved in. Apparently, Max had gone up to Lando to apologize for the crash in Canada, knowing it was his mistake. But Lando took it the wrong way, and they got into the fight that she walked in on. She saw how much it affected him, to fight with one of his friends. 

Loud laughter approaching the car makes her head turn, and she smiles to herself when Ruby and Olive topple back inside the vehicle.

"Okay girls, let's hit the road!" they all cheer when Meadow steps on the gas pedal.

On their way to Dover, they sing along to Taylor Swift and have a dance party to One Direction. The drive doesn't take too long, they arrive just after noon. She almost has a nervous breakdown while driving the car onto the deck of the boat, but eventually, it's parked and they're on their way to France.

It won't take longer than a few hours to cross the sea, so the girls head to the bar on the top deck. Ruby fetches them some iced lattes, while Olive and Meadow find a table for them to sit at.

"Okay, so I was thinking, we could do a little pitstop in Paris before we go to Vienna?" Olive comments on their itinerary once Ruby is back.

A chuckle leaves her throat, it's obvious that her friends grew up flying every holiday, and didn't go on twelve hour car rides with their families.

"You do realize that Vienna is a further drive than the track, right?" she asks. "And on top of that, driving from Paris all the way to Austria will take way too long. We should stop somewhere in Switzerland or Germany as well."

Ruby laughs at this, mocking Olive as if she didn't have the exact same thought as her two minutes ago. 

They continue to go over their plans a little longer. Olive is adamant that she wants to stay in a big city, and that she won't be sleeping in a motel in a small village in the middle of nowhere. This makes planning their route a little harder, and Meadow wishes they'd just done it beforehand. 

Eventually, they come to a decision. Tonight, they will stay in Paris. They will go to Zurich after that, and then drive out to the circuit the next day. The total journey will take them three days, and because today is Monday, they will arrive just in time for media day on Thursday.