. 20 midnight mayhem

Scared to be lonely

Martin Garrix, Dua Lipa

"Ladies and gentleman, Meadow Walters!", Daniel yells, half joking. 

She's greeted with hugs from her friends, even though she saw them half an hour ago still. The livingroom is more crowded now, and there's already people spilling out onto the balcony. Out there, the DJ booth is still empty, but a playlist sounds over the speakers for now.

Her eyes fall on the man standing next to Max, and she has to take a double look when it registers who that is. 

"Hey, you must be Meadow. Happy birthday!" he approaches her, and shakes her hand.

When Max notices their interaction, he is quick to introduce them to eachother.

"Oh! Meadow, this is Martijn. Martijn, this is Meadow."

So this is really happening, huh? Martin Garrix is really shaking her hand and wishing her a happy birthday right now?

"Thank you! Also, thank you so much for wanting to play some music here tonight, you really shouldn't have done that!"

"It's no big deal! Max and Daniel are some of my best friends, so it's my pleasure, really." he reassures her.

"Well, if you're really sure."

Daniel walks back over, and ruffles her hair, handing her a glass of champagne. She looks up at him, with a smile.

"Daniel! Where is Heidi actually? Haven't seen her in a while." Martijn asks.

A droopy smile shows on Daniel's face. She knows he's very sad that they can't spend the summer together.

"She's in Australia, and she's busy with school."

"Don't they get summers off there?"

"Mate," Daniel laughs, "It's winter there right now."

She stiffles a chuckle, not wanting to laugh at someone she only just met. But unfortunately, Martijn seems to notice her amusement.

"It's okay, laugh at me. I know I'm stupid sometimes."

Their conversation continues for a while, and eventually Max joins them too. They have fun teasing Daniel, because he's the only one out of the four who can't speak Dutch. It's kind of funny how that seems to be a recurring event for them.

Guests keep walking in, and Meadow doesn't even know most of them. The only two people she really invited, still aren't here.

A quick glance at her phone learns her that it's 10pm already. It's a little out of character for Olive and Ruby to be late. Sure, they're diva's sometimes so they take a little longer to get ready. But they're never two hours late to an event, and especially not to something they care about.

Max notices her gazing across the room, and he walks up to talk to her privately.

"Are they still not here?"

She shakes her head.

"But they said they were coming?"

"Yeah" she nods.

He consoles her with a hug, which probably confuses the people around them, but she doesn't care. She sinks into his arms, his body warmth is making her relax. The tension floats out of her body, and slowly she can feel the stress slipping away.

driving and detriment; norrisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara