The Day of Portals

It was a stormy night on October 31st, 1994, so stormy that some would call it the storm of a century, and it was here at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, that a tournament was being held that hadn't been held in two hundred and two years. The Triwizard Tournament, yes the Triwizard Tournament, had been restarted and Hogwarts had been chosen to receive the honor of hosting it. Representatives of three European schools had been chosen out of the schools Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Drumstrang. It was at the Halloween feast when the champions were chosen. Cedric Diggory was chosen for Hogwarts, Fleur Delacour was chosen for Beauxbatons, and Viktor Krum was chosen for Drumstrang.

It was then just as Headmaster Dumbledore had finished announcing the champions and was about to put the Goblet out another name was spat out of the Goblet...

As the name was floating down Dumbledore reached out and grabbed it. He looked at the name on it and said aloud in a shocked but also with a hint of eagerness in his voice "Harry Potter"

The room was a stunned silence as everyone was trying to process the voice they had heard the Headmaster say a name that was thought to be dead, a name that now everyone was trying to understand how it came into the cup in the first place. However, two adults present had looks of both shock and slowly forming anger as a woman with a monocle speaks up through the pregnant shocked silence, "Albus Dumbledore you better have a good explanation why the name of a boy who is DEAD. Has just come out of the goblet! Or so help me-" Before she could finish the Goblet begins to change from its bright blue fire to a now hurricane of different colors as the flames begin to grow increasingly so to the point everyone begins to step back in fear that the object was going to engulf them in flames.

In a loud, booming tone, a male's voice could be heard. "Ostendimus Nunc Futura praeterita, ad discere ex praeteritis errata, ut Futura non-cadent in tenebras." with that a portal opened above the Goblet and all around the world in different places.

London, UK
Big Ben tower
20:00 Hours Zulu

It was a most wonderful thing that occurred, around eight o'clock that day that a lot would look back on fondly because that was the day that magic was revealed to the world, all because of four portals that opened up in front of Big Ben.

Down in the street, the people of London went about their business, as usual, people laughing, drinking, and cars driving about to and from trains shuttling their passengers to their destinations. The general feeling of life going on as it always has for generations...Children seem to stop in place looking at Big Ben, cars stopped in place, double-decker buses stopped, and the whole of London seems to have frozen in place. As they look up some couldn't hold in a gasp which causes others to look up seeing a strange blue flame vortex over the four faces of Big Ben only a foot above it.

London, UK
13 Grimmauld Place
20:00 Hours Zulu

Sirius had just come back in an angry mood, he had just killed one of the Death Eaters that escaped justice that was to their family backing. Which does explain why the lower half of his face is covered in blood and a bit of human flesh in his teeth. It was times like this that made him glad that Amelia wasn't spending the night here. He noticed a door opening and called out. "Kreacher, get the blood off my coat!" To his astonishment, it was Remus who had opened the door, with a surprised look on his face.