Power of Knowledge

NOW ONTO THE CHAPTER!

Also heres all dem Socials !

Check out our YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4rCsRKrSfk0HKCo8DKVnYQ

Support us on Paypal https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/apextdog5b6g

Our Discord: https://discord.gg/V6by99z4CH

===============================================================

Hermione was many things, a soldier's child, a bookworm, bit of a neat freak due to her minor OCD, but what she wasn't was someone who now blindly followed authority after what came to light about the boy-who-lived Harry Potter now Hero of Germany Tanya.

So you might wonder why this matters? Well for anyone else it wouldn't, however for Hermione right now who is sitting in the great hall of Hogwarts with her fellow students and most recently fellow Cadets she started to see things, patterns, even subtle magic at play as many of the pure bloods seem to be all for military service and serving the crown. When before they would have scoffed at the very idea which caused her to become slightly paranoid and when able to, would bring up her concerns to her father.

Of Course these concerns would be put on the back burner as she looks at some of her fellow classmates looking at a magazine which had the one and only Rita Skeeter on the front page with the words 'NEW HOST WITH THE MOST! Investigative super reporter! Or yellow page muckraker!'

Hermione couldn't help but wonder how the hell Rita Skeeter, lie spinner herself, somehow got herself into the BBC, but even got her own spot on the BBC News known as 'Rita's Reports!' which is a mix of regular news, speculative news, and even your run of the mill celeberatiy watch type show the yanks love so much.

Now that would have been so bad if there weren't already talks of Rita getting her own talk show starting in mid november. 'HOW!?' Was all Hermione could say when she found out about it.

Before Hermione could continue her internal ranting the voice of Susan Bones caught her attention as she says, "hey did you guys hear about the latest arrest?" That got Hermione's attention as she heard Neville respond to Susans question, "not really no, i've been too busy with my classes to become a medic." He said before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

Draco decided to chime in as he said, "Heard it was Notts dad who got arrested for going against not only his Oath to the Crown, but also for attempting to flee the country with the family to avoid military service as punishment for raising up arms against the sovereign." Hermione was now even more puzzled as she watched Draco drink some tea before Susan added, "heard it Theo who ratted out his own father, said it was his patriotic duty as a proud British subject and future Knight of the crown." Which got the pure bloods to chuckle.

Hermione finally decided to speak up as she asked, "what do you mean oath to the crown? I know we were told that if we go into the service that we were to take an oath but is there a magical oath that some of us first gen mages don't know about?"