[7] Family Dinner

Whilst Tony and Steve were outside chopping wood and Natasha was helping Laura make dinner, both sets of twins set the table and kept both kids occupied so their parents could get things done.

Once dinner was ready everyone sat down to eat with Nick Fury present who had showed up about an hour ago.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he mad off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Nick then turns to the Maximoffs.

"You two worked with him, any idea what he's building with all that vibranium?"

Pietro shakes his head. "Ultron never explained anything to us beyond what it was we were supposed to do." Thankfully both twins had been trusted enough to have the bracelets taken off.

"What about Ultron himself?" Ivan questions.

""Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guys multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury continues.

"He's still going after launch codes?"

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the pentagons firewall in high school on a dare." Tony says while Eva just rolls her eyes at him.

"Yeah well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Fury states.

"NEXUS?" Steve questioned, even though being awake for a few years now he was still clueless about nearly everything.

Eva zoned out of the conversation not wanting to listen to all this nerd talk.

"They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultrons going to evolve." That's when Eva tunes back into the conversation.

"How?" Ivan questions.

"Has anybody been in contact with Helen Cho?"

"Everyone suit up." Steve announces.

The Maximoffs get up from the table along with the Moores and head upstairs to their shared room to get ready.

"You two ready for your first mission?" Eva jokes kinda liking the fact they looked nervous, sure she had forgiven them for the good of the world but she can still find joy in their misfortunes.

"Oh, yeah, super excited, literally jumping for joy if you didn't notice." Pietro answers sarcastically, he can practically see her making fun of their nervousness.

"Oh come on it's just a rescue mission to find Helen Cho, it'll be fine, jeez man up sonic." Pietro looked quite offended by the nickname he had just been given.

"Easy for you to say, you are a lot more experienced than us, also I am much faster than that hedgehog that can run fast." He states whilst Eva playfully rolls her eyes at him.

"Sure you are." She drawled out.

Pietro looked like he was going to say something else when Ivan, who looked thoroughly amused by the whole conversation, stepped in.

"Don't let her wind you up, you arguing with her just gives her the satisfaction of getting under your skin." Ivan says, knowing his sister better than anyone else.

"She's not getting under my skin." Pietro says dismissing what Ivan just said.

"Sure I'm not flash, you just keep on telling yourself that." Eva said as she walked past him, patting him on his chest with the back of her hand, then walking out of the room with her brother following her.

Pietro just huffed with a small smile on his beautiful face, he then turned back to Wanda who just smirked at him.

Pietro looked confused. "What? Why are you giving me that look?"

"Because it is obvious you are into her, and don't even try to deny it, did you forget I can read minds?"

"Wanda." Pietro complained like a child. "I thought we talked about you not reading my mind." He huffed.

"I couldn't help it, you had that dopey smile on your face I had to see what you were thinking of, and also incase you forgot she can also read minds." Wanda smirked seeing the internal panic Pietro had at that last sentence.

Pietro was about to say something when Ivan shouting had interrupted him. "Yo, Maximoffs hurry up, we are leaving."

This cause the Maximoffs to scramble to get up and out of the room.

"I'll take Nat, Clint and both sets of twins." Steve orders as they were getting ready to leave.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony orders.

"If Ultron really is building a body...." Steve trails off.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us, maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Tony finishes Steve's statement.

"God." Eva groans. "To much nerd talk, I'm not sitting around listening to this." Eva walks out of the house with Ivan, Pietro and Wanda trailing after her.